Friday, August 5, 2011

Vintage Card for Challenges

Back with a second post to show my attempt at a vintage card and making my own Designer Paper.
I stamped a script on  White CS and also used Distress inks to make and  age my Designer Paper. I attached this to my Card Base of light turquoise that I embossed and sponged with distress ink to highlight the raised design. For my focus, I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink using the water spritz technique. I added color to the design using a brush and more distress inks. I aged the edge of the watercolor paper and mounted it on a mat that I distressed with the edge of scissors and more distress ink. Love the look of watercolor paper and that aged look that you can achieve with it.

Supplies:
Stamp: Gina K Design "Spring Florals"
            Inkadinkado Script stamp
Inks: Distress Inks Tea Dye, Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy, Broken China
Papers: Watercolor Paper, White and Turquoise CS
Cuttlebug EF Victoria

Challenges to enter:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Make your own Designer Paper for a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card.
One Stop Craft: Theme is vintage.
Cooking it Up With Katie: The recipe is- Something Old, Something New, and One of Your Favorite Things/Techniques. Stamps are old, Broken China Ink is new, and water spritzing is a fave technique that I have not used lately.
Stamp TV: Paper Only Challenge for release challenge.
Outlawz: For POM challenge to make your own patterned paper. Hope I used enough to qualify. This is the first challenge to enter at Outlawz.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous texture and depth, super card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Patti P. said...

Theresa, you are getting so good at these vintage cards....love the bg's you have created and I too love stamping on watercolor paper. So glad you could join us again at Sugar Creek Hollow. Hope you a very wonderful weekend.

Patti SCH/DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

What an array of beautiful elements! Super pretty!

Olga said...

your card is absolutely beautiful!!!!

CraftinGranny said...

You have definately created gorgeous DP Theresa. Wonderful coloring! Never tried stamping on watercolor paper before. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend! "Love & Hugs" Carol

Carolina said...

Very pretty card. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week