Friday, August 12, 2011

Shades of Sunset


 One more Flourishes challenge today- the Shades of Sunset Challenge.This color challenge is open to interpretation! Challenge:  "Sunsets are so unique – some have mostly shades of red and orange, others can light up the sky with purple and pink hues!" We are to pick our favorite sunset colors and share in a project.  I did this card by using a photo that my husband had made a few years ago.  I cropped out a section of the picture and used  as a background for my card. I stamped a Zinnia using a Flourishes stamp directly on the picture printed on White CS. I used Versamark Ink and embossed with Ranger Copper EP. I stamped the sentiment in the same way. Love how this came out. Used a grey CS card base  and a mat of Copper Metallic CS. Added no other embellishment....just let the stamps, both from Zinnias Stamp Set by Flourishes, be the stars of the card. The sentiment and zinnias just seem to cry out to be on this card when I was looking through my stamps.  It took be a while to come up with the concept of this card but am pleased with the result. Below  is the original photograph that I used as inspiration for my card. This was a sunset at the causeway at Captiva Island,  Florida.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Love all your comments, Theresa.

8 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Love the copper embossed flowers and sentiment and what a gorgeous sunset! Good luck with the challenge!

Patti J said...

What a fabulous idea! Oh my gosh! Can't wait to try this - thanks for the inspiration, Theresa, and for sharing your beautiful card, and DH's beautiful photo with us!!! Hugs...

Olga said...

beautiful, I love the sunset!

Lin said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm "borrowing" it!! Well done!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it!! your pic is tooooo beautiful and is perfect for this technique...I just used this tech for a card but cant use it for the challenge because challenge will be over by the time my card posts for the design team....with your gorgeous pictures you can make some amazing card sets (-:

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow awesome. Luv the artistic creation.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You've totally wowed me with this one... amazing!

Kim said...

What beautiful photos of sunsets!!! I love your entry to this challenge.