Friday, August 26, 2011

PageMaps Contest


The other day, I came across a link on Flourishes Blog to a great challenge at PageMaps, a new site to me. They are having a contest sponsored by Flourishes and BasicGrey, two of my fave products. You can win  five BasicGrey 6x6 paper pads (Hello Luscious, Life of the Party, Curio, Wander and Lauderdale) and five Flourishes stamp sets (Zinnias, Bee My Honey, Kids Play, Butterflies and Blossoms, and Sunflowers). Fantastic prizes!! To enter, create a card based on this sketch shown on the right in any size, any orientation, any way you want to interpret it and using any products you would like.
I created my card with Flourishes Stamps "A Year in Flowers" and "Humming Along" (sentiment) and BasicGrey Cappella paper pack. Thought: Why not use the sponsors products?  Love the way it came out...almost a vintage look. I stayed very close to the sketch and added in some pearls colored with copics and a sheer ribbon to add some softness. I stamped the background strip using the same rose stamp as in my focus rose stamped in  London Fog Ink and colored with Copics. I am really  happy how this card turned out.

Challenges to enter:
PageMaps: BasicGrey - Flourishes Card Contest
BasicGrey Challenges: Anything Goes-used Cappella Paper

Supplies:
Flourishes Stamps listed above
Inks: Memento London Fog and Rich Cocoa
Copics: R20, V000, C00, YG91, BG10
Papers: Papers from BasicGrey Cappella Paper Pack, Solid Pink, Brown and Ivory CS from stash
Martha Stewart Pearls Colored with Copic
Nesties Circle Dies
Sheer Ribbon from stash

Have a great weekend. Be safe if you in the path of Irene.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty and soft. Good luck with the contest!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card! I almost skipped this challenge because the sketch was a little busy for me! But I'm glad I persevered -- I was pleased with the outcome. Love your roses and pink pearls!