Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When I Wish Upon a Star.......

Hello everyone. I have a card to share with you. I made this card using a stamp that I bought Saturday at a new store, Michelle's Scrapbooking & More,  located now at the Hartville Marketplace in Hartville, OH. You may know Michelle's Online Store by the same name located here and know her from The Pixie Cottage which is her challenge blog and line of stamps. Her new store opened last week and she has a great array of scrapbooking and stamping products. It is great to have her located in the Akron and Canton area and is nice to have another spot to shop for those "must have" products if you are a stamper. That's enough for this unpaid endorsement for Michelle but do drop by to shop with her and say hello if you are in this area.

Now back to our main programming. My card is made from The Pixie Cottage stamp called "Hannah at the Pond".  Love these cute stamps by Sandra Hammer. I made this for this week's The Pixie Cottage challenge for the theme "Summer Nights". There is also the optional choice to use a sketch. I chose the theme...I could imagine Hannah sitting out at night on a warm evening wishing on the stars . I stamped this in black ink and colored with Copics, markers, pencils and sponged with inks. Did some masking to get that summer sky effect with the moon. Added some sparkly stars. Stamped the sentiment and embossed with Silver EP. Used navy base card and silver mat embossed on the side.

Challenges:
The Pixie Cottage: Theme is Summer Night
Craft Us Crazy: Anything Goes....and guess who is the Sponsor this week?    Hint: Read above endorsement.
Paper Cutz Challenge: Wish Upon a Star...those dots in the sky are twinkling stars and Hannah is making a wish.
One Stop Challenge: Anything but a square. Nothing square about this card.

Supplies:
Stamps: The Pixie Cottage and SU "Wish"

Ink: Copics, Memento Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, Dandelion; SU Night of Navy, Versamark
Papers: GKD White PL CS, Navt and Silver from stash
Zing Silver EP
Cuttlebug EF With Love Borders
Sakura Clear Star Glitter Pen

Have a great day!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card and good luck on the challenges! It's always great to find a new "enabling" store. I'm not quite that lucky here in Chapala but I feel good about using the numerous supplies that I already have!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous GF!

Olga said...

I love this!!!!! Not only the image but your doloring is fantastic!!!!!

Sandra said...

Very pretty Theresa! I could see Hannah sitting there looking at the stars. I do that myself, at times. Smiles!!!