Thursday, August 11, 2011

Botanical Vintage

I am beginning to be more comfortable doing vintage cards but have a lot more to accomplish. The challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow this week is all about neutrals. Create a vintage, primitive or shabby chic card in neutral colors, preferably off-white, kraft or gray.  I started with a color graphic of Hollyhocks shown below that I found here at The Graphics Fairy, a great source of many lovely graphics. I changed the image to a sepia color using Photoshop Elements which I thought looked great for this challenge. I printed the image on watercolor paper giving it a more vintage look and also distressed the edges with distress ink. I used a square card base of Ivory CS. I layered the base with a frame of parchment paper cut out with Martha Stewart Double Loops punches and aged with distress ink. On the center of the frame I placed a square mat of Gold CS and attached the image. Finished with a double loop bow of ivory satin ribbon. Used Ranger Distress Inks Brushed Corduroy and Tea Dye. May have to print this image and frame for hanging.
Other Challenges:
Charisma: Use Distressing on card.

Download from
http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/
 


I will be doing more with these lovely vintage prints from The Graphics Fairy. Hope you like what you see.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

Beate said...

Theresa, your card is beautiful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now this is a jaw dropper... you've mastered the vintage look my friend!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! I love the vintage image you used and how you changed the color!

Heather Jensen said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the vintage look. :)

Patti P. said...

Theresa, such a gorgeous card...love the image in sepia (keep an eye out for my card this coming Saturday) and the way you have framed it is just such a beautiful design. I think you should print this out and frame it for home decor, I think it is just lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Patti SCH/DT

laney said...

super card Theresa!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

crazyribbonlady said...

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! Such a lovely card! Emma x

Anonymous said...

lovely card- thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Sharon Basel said...

This is stunning. I love the effect of recoloring the image. Thanks for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge.

Gemma said...

beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma for our Distressing challenge! :) Gemma x

Gemma said...

beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma for our Distressing challenge! :) Gemma x