Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zinnias are A Summer Favorite

 This card is for the July Bring Back Beautiful Challenge at Flourishes called The Beauty of Summer. This month the design team is challenging us to make a creation inspired by summer or a vacation. One of my favorites flowers in the summer garden is zinnia...it just screams summer with their beautiful bright colors.  I love this stamp set by Flourishes which was released last month and I just had to have it!  I used Copics to color the zinnia image and used a sketch from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge to highlight the zinnias. I also used the single zinnia stamp to create background paper.
Challenges:
Flourishes Bring Back the Beautiful: Make a creation inspired by summer or a vacation.
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Sketch shown below.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes "Zinnias"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout,  Angel Pink
Sakura Yellow Glaze Pen
Copics: R81,83,85,20, YG 03,63, Y21
Paper: GKD Ivory CS, Pink CS from Stash, BasicGrey Sweet Threads DP
Turned the sketch for my card
Dew Drops

Growing a garden makes a difference in so many lives. Enjoy the summer flowers. 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Olga said...

this is one gorgeous card!!!!!!!!!! Love the image and your coloring!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I thin Olga said it ALL!!! Absolutely stunning!

Nina said...

Wow, such a beauty!! Great papers and gorgeus colouring of the motiv.

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

CraftinGranny said...

One of my favorite summer flowers too Theresa. Colored beautifully. "Hugs" Carol

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love all of your recent Flourishes cards. Beautiful coloring!

Céline said...

fab card!
love the beautiful image. great take on the sketch
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Heather Jensen said...

What a beauty! I LOVE Zinnias and have them growing in my own backyard. They are actually taller than me now and I am 5'9". How crazy is that? :)

Thanks so much for playing at Flourishes BBB. :)