Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Time and Living Is....

What's more fun on a hot, sunny summer day than eating a slice of cold watermelon?  That's what this ant is thinking as he steals away with the watermelon in a digital image by Meljens. I also used her "Summer Fun" sentiment  and added  a Making Memories sticker to complete the message of the card. I colored the image with Copics, Gold  Atyou Spica Pen, and markers. Added some glossy accents to the seeds, star, and ant. This is only 2 layers...card base of  DCWV Yellow and White Check  DP and the image printed on White CS that I edged with Distress Ink Barn Door to look as if there is a mat.

Challenges:
Meljens Challenge 66: No more than 2 layers
Paperplay Challenges: Theme is Fruity
One Stop Craft Challenge: Summertime

Have a fun summer day!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Ren-Yi said...

Great summery card. That ant made me smile. Thanks for playing along with us at PaperPlay Challenges.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Yummmm looks lucious!

Cheryl said...

Super cute card! Thank you for joining our “No More Than 2 Layers” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

MommaJess said...

Great job using the freebies. I love this. Thank you for playing along with our “No More Than 2 Layers” challenge at Meljen’s Designs

Jess

Deirdre said...

Love your "fruity" creation for this week's challenge. Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥