Sunday, July 10, 2011

Poppies in Pink


At There's Magic in the Air, Jennifer presented us with a sketch challenge this week. I made my card using Paper Cupcakes' Digital image "Poppies" that I colored with Copics and added some Sakura Yellow Glaze in the center. I used DP's from BasicGrey "Sweet Threads" and Pink CS from my stash for the card base and mat for the image. Finished with a paper flower that was in my collection with yellow gemstones. It is so hard to photograph pink and get the right color on the screen but this is close, I think.
Challenges links:
There's Magic in the Air: See sketch above
Charisma Cardz Challenge: All About Flowers theme

Wish I had some poppies in my garden especially pink ones.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Such pretty pink poppies Theresa and the matching flowers really complete this adorable card. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a great sketch and you really made the poppies pop! Sorry I couldn't help myself! I just pulled those out to color myself!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty, I love the beautifully colored flower and the pretty dp. Thanks for joining in the Paper Cupcakes Magic in the Air challenge.