Sunday, July 3, 2011

Make a Splash for Summer

I have been trying to use more digi  stamps as I have a ton in my files. I came across this one that I had never used and thought it would be perfect for the challenge at Pollycraft for the "Make a Splash" Challenge. After finishing the card, I wish I had made the mermaid larger or the flower smaller??? Too late to change now for the challenge but may change later. But I like the overall layout and colors. I combined with the sketch challenge at City Crafters and recipe challenge at Critter Sketch.
Supplies:
Digital Image: Pollycraft "Mermaid" Freebie
Ink: Memento Summer Sky for Sponging Sea
Copics: BG10,11,15, E000,00,11, Y23,32,26, R20
Sakura Clear Star Pen, Atyou Gold Spica Pen
Papers:  Imaginesce Stripe "A Shore Thing" DP, Unknown Blue Dots DP, Sentiment cut from  Flair Designs "Hit the Beach", Peach CS Scraps
Flower: Prima Flower modified with cutout from paper
Decorative Scissors with Scallop edge
 Challenge Links:
Pollycraft Monday: Make a Splash-water theme cards
City Crafter Sketch: By Ros..see below
Critter Sketch: Recipe-2~different colors of cardstock,
1~prima or paper flower,1~image,1~sentiment
Digital Tuesday: Theme is flower Power. I used digital image and a flower.
Craft Caz Weekly Challenge: Colours of Summer.
Wags 'n Whiskers:  Summertime Creations

City Crafter

My card has a lot of summer time colors. Wish we had better summer weather today...instead we are having rain and thunderstorms.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

11 comments:

Cazza said...

Perfect DP's and sentiment for this image, so pretty!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs
Cazza
xxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

Splish splash I was taken a bath... now stuck in my head because of your title! Your card is perfectly delightful!

Dawn said...

Hi Theresa, Very sweet card, perfect for our colours of summer challenge at Crafty Catz! Thanks for joining us. Hugs, Dawn

Janette said...

Your card is gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Ros said...

That mermaid is super cute!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

carol said...

super summer card, thanks for sharing with Craftycatz, x carol

Dilsaver Designs said...

Love your multi-colored flower with your cute mermaid, great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Linda R. said...

I have to say this is just adorable.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so darling! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Theresa
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx