Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July
 to everyone who celebrates in the USA today!


I wanted to celebrate today with a card full of fireworks saying God Bless America and to thank our military men and women for all they do to preserve our country and freedom.  We are very indebted to them all for that they do. I plan to send this to one of our American Heroes through Operation Write Home.

I made this card also for a challenge at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge.  Speedy's friend, Geri wants us to show our pride and make our cards Patriotic!!  When I am making a card for a challenge presented by a stamp manufacturer, I like to try and use stamps from that company as a courtesy. But, I had problems finding a Mark's Finest Paper stamp set in my collection to make a card for Geri. But alas, I improvised and used a stamp from MFP's for my fireworks.  Can you guess what I did? Answer to follow.
 I combined a digital paper and a digital sentiment from Create with TLC.....Paulette has great work and is so generous with her downloads.  The paper and sentiment are from her God Bless America items that she offered last week. I free cut the sentiment and edged it with gold and added with dimensional pop ups to a mat of the digi paper.
Now, back to my fireworks......I used stamps from  the "Thanks, Mums, and Pumpkins" Set....I used the mum stamps on the striped paper mat but only inked with versamark a portion of the stamps that I used to create the fireworks.  I  heat embossed with Gold EP and I got my explosion of fireworks!!! Edged the top mat with gold and attached to the card base of Sparkly White CS. Finished with another sentiment from Verve's "American Hero"  that I heat embossed with the gold EP.

Other Challenge Links:
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge: Read above for details.
Creative Inspirations Challenge:  Red, White and Blue
Our Creative Corner : Make a last minute 4th of July card or a Christmas in July card or project.
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle: Theme is Stars and Stripes

I think my card really explodes with fireworks for the 4th.
Hope you all have a safe and fun Holiday!
Thanks for taking time to come by and say Hi!
Theresa

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You can't get anymore patriotic than this WOW! Your firework display is spectacular! Happy 4th my friend!

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow--how creative is that, to use the mum stamps for the fireworks???? Great job with the challenge. And thanks for using Mark's Finest Papers stamps and showing another way to use them!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week! Happy 4th of July!

Payne Holler Cards said...

now that is some fireworks!!!! thanks for joining us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge.
happy 4th - have something for you over on my blog (-:

Janeen said...

love the fireworks. Thank you for entering this in Speedy the Cat's Friends Patriotic Challenge. Good luck to you in the drawing.

Olga said...

gorgeous card, Happy 4th to you too!!!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful post and card! I love the gold embossing.


Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Wow that is so cool. I love the embossed fireworks. How fun and fabulous. Thank for playing along with Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit to see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

Faye said...

This is a super card, the embossing looks fab! xxx

Sharon said...

love the gold embossing. thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Jenni said...

Fabulous 4th of July card. Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Creative Inspirations this week.
Jenni x

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous card love the firework display also the design a super card thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kristin said...

WOW! LOVE the gold embossed fireworks, amazing! Sorry it took so long to get a comment here on this, I've been having Blogger problems...THanks for joining us at the OCC!

Daisychain said...

A great card, love the fireworks. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x