Friday, July 15, 2011

Flourishes Copy Cat Challenge



One more Challenge for Flourishes Release week: This one is  to pick a designer's card to CASE. I selected a card by Danielle Kennedy that she showed on their hop this week using the new stamp Sweet Nature.  I even had commented that I would like to case her card not knowing that was going to be a challenge. So I had no problem finding a card to copycat. Her card on her blog can be found here and shown below. Thanks Danielle for allowing me to CASE your card.




Danielle's Card

My layout is pretty much the same and I even tried to use similar colors. I embossed the background mat with 2 EF's to try to get the same embossing design and embossed the mat under the image to get that same look of polka dots.

Supplies Used:
Flourishes Zinnia Stamp Set for the Zinnia image and sentiment. Used a sentiment from Garden Fresh to create the script background behind the flowers. Just stamped repeatedly ...very faint..hope it shows.
Copics: R20,22,24,YR00, YG03,63
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, London Fog
Papers: GKD Slate , White CS, Bazzill Pinkish Coral CS, DP from scraps. Ribbon, Button, Twine from stash.Cuttlebug EF Diamond Swirls, Swiss Dots

This is one of my few attempts to CASE a card. Hope I did justice to Danielle's lovely card.
Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for your comments.
Theresa

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did a beautiful job CASING this card. Yours is a work of art in it's own right... stunning!

stacy aka twinshappy said...

Very pretty, the colors are very springy and fresh. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Copy Cat Challenge.

Ravengirl said...

You case turned out fabulous! I love that pale peach color and the button and ribbon accent is just too cute!

BeckyTE said...

Such a delightful card! I love the soft pinks and the black accent. Truly beautiful!