Friday, July 22, 2011

Cheery Card for Speedy and More


I seem to be making more and more square cards but I need to make some envelopes so that I can mail them. This card is for Speedy the Cat's Friends color challenge. One of my favorite MFP's Stamps is Happy Pansies that I use a lot and used again. I found the sketch from One Stop challenges for a design but changed the oval to a circle since I wanted to use the doily that I had precut.

Challenges:
Speedy the Cat's Friends: Lori wants you to make a cheery card using yellow, pink and green.
BasicGrey Challenges: Doilies and ribbon. I have both of these and Sweet Threads from BasicGrey.
One Stop Craft Challenge: Used Val's sketch shown above.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's "Happy Pansies"
Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud
Papers: BasicGrey Sweet Threads, SU Green , Yellow and White CS
Cheery Lyn Doily Die "French Pastry"
Nesties Circles and Blossom Dies
Fiskars Punch
Prima Flowers and Ribbon from Stash

Have a cheery day!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Theresa, your card is so pretty! I love that pansy combined with a scalloped circle and doily. You know, sometimes I make square cards that are 4 1/4" square, just so I can get them into a regular A2 envelope. Hope that saves you from having to make an envelope sometimes! THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends. :)

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--this is absolutely beautiful!!! It is perfect for the challenge!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's challenge!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super pretty! I love pansies and you've colored this one to perfection!

xxxtglxxx said...

A very pretty and sweet card Theresa :)

..and a great take on our sketch too!

Thanks so much for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

This card is so lovely. What a great layout and the flower accents are perfect. Thank you so much for playing at Speedy's Friends Challenge. Love to visit and see what you creation. Hope you can join us again this week.