Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sparkle, Sparkle in My Card!

This card was made for several challenges including one that required sparkle so I wanted the sparkle to really shine in the photo which is often hard to do. In order to have a lot of sparkle that could be seen,  I glittered a strip of White shimmery CS with  a lot of crystal glitter to make sure I had that shine come across.  I also used Glitter DP and used a Sakura Clear Star pen to add shimmer to the swan and trees in the image and the sentiment.(Can you see that?)  I think this card shines bright with enough sparkle!

I used a sketch from Crazy 4 Challenge and colors from The Play Date Cafe challenge in designing my card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Mark Finest Papers "Floating Along" stamp set that I won during the recent release.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Rich Cocoa; SU Turquoise
Copics: B0000, G20
Paper: DCWV Citrus Matstack-this is a Glitter DP
           Yellow, Orange, White CS
Sakura Clear Star Pen, Ultra Fine Crystal Glitter

Challenges:
Speedy the Cat's Friends: Make it sparkle.
The Play Date Cafe: Colors shown on graphic below.
Crazy 4 Challenges:  Sketch challenge shown below.
One Stop Challenge: Get Well Soon...that is the exact sentiment that I used.
Sweet Stamping Challenge: Use something old, something new.  The stamps that I used are new and first time I used. The old is DCWV DP and glitter that I have had for sometime. Hardly ever use glitter.

Crazy 4 Challenge 93
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I see lots and lots of sparkle! Very cool card!

Janeen said...

Very pretty, Theresa. I really like the papers you chose. Thanks for entering this with us at Speedy the Cat. Good luck in the drawing this week.

Winnie and Patty said...

Theresa--WOW, this does sparkle and is GORGEOUS!!! It will make someone feel much better who is under the weather! Great job with the challenge!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

JeanFB said...

This is so pretty - love the shimmer! And what a wonderful image - beautiful.

Wedgie said...

Cute card, love the sparkle. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Francesca said...

Very pretty
Thanks for joining us at One stop Craft Challenge this week
Hugs
Francesca

Fiona said...

great card. the colours really stand out against the silver!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

fi
x

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

This is so pretty. I love your sparkly paper in the background. Super cool and very delightful card. Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

Payne Holler Cards said...

you are so on a roll! love the sparkle and just so pretty!!! thanks so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's challenge (-:
hugs
Linda

Fiona said...

Love the interest in your card Theresa - thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Love all the sparkle on your card Theresa, nothing better than sparkle! Thanks for joining in the fun over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow! I love that you used your new MFP swan for both the Speedy's Friends 'sparkly' challenge, and the Play Date Cafe color challenge! Well done on both counts, and thanks for playing BOTH places with us. :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a pretty combination of patterned papers, and I'm lovin' that glittery panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!