Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rambling Roses for a Birthday

I love roses and they are always in bloom in June for my birthday so what makes a better card for June birthdays than Roses!  I love this rose stamp from Flourishes and use it often because it colors so beautifully with copics regardless of your experience with  that medium.
I made this card for a card swap that my Stamping club held this week. Later, I will try to share some of the lovely cards that were made for the exchange.

Challenges to enter:
CR84FN Color Challenge: Light Pink, Med Green, and Neutral.  See Graphic below
CRAFTS and Me: Punch it out. I used a doily die, circle dies,  tag die, and corner punch.
Fab 'n' Funky: What'eva...easy enough challenge.
One Stop Craft Challenge: Use Texture. I have  in embossing, doily,  ribbon, and rhinestones.
Party Time Tuesdays: Summer birthday card. Roses are perfect for a June card.
Sentimental Sunday: Make a song inspired card. Inspired by "Rambling Rose" by Nat King Cole.
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes. I just love doing floral cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes Rose from "A Year in Flowers", GKD "Lovely Labels"
Ink: Memento Black and Bamboo Leaves. Copics Pnks and Greens.
Paper: GKD Ivory and Pink CS, SU Green DP
Dies: Cheery Lyn Doily, Nesties Circles, Spellbinder Fancy Tag Die, EK Success Corner Punch
Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots
Ribbon and Pink Rhinestones from Collection



Take time to stop and smell the roses.
And thanks for taking time to drop by.
Theresa

11 comments:

Betty Benton said...

What a lovely card and it's perfect for all of those challenges -- good luck with them!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love roses, too, Theresa and these are stunningly beautiful!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment during today's MFP blog hop! I sincerely appreciate your visit!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Such a pretty image and wonderful coloring!
Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Heather Jensen said...

That rose is one of my favorites as well. I think you did a fab job coloring that beauty. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely stunning... colored to perfection!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous roses Theresa! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very pretty! Love the pink and that doily too! Great song choice and Thank You so much for joining us at sentimental Sundays this week!

Shelley said...

What a lovely card, love all the texture. Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Your card is perfect for this time of year! (at least in the N.E. United States) My roses have just started to bloom. I love your vintage rose and olive color combo. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with our Summer Birthday challenge at Party Time Tuesdays!
~Renee
PTT DT

Jen said...

I am totally enamored by that rose posie. So beautifully colored. Such a pretty card.