Thursday, June 9, 2011

Patriotic Red, White, and Blue

More fun for Flourishes new release of Stamps.
 Flourishes asked us to use our country’s color combo in a card  to be in the running to win their entire new release bundle! We have until Friday, June 10th at 5 PM EST to enter. The winner will be announced Saturday on the Flourishes blog!
My card is not really a patriotic theme card but I did use the required colors of red, white, and blue.
Since I wanted to use Flourishes stamp, I used some that looked approiate in the color combo.  I used stamps from "Birthday Pennants", "Stripe and Stripe", and "A Year of Flowers". I used the sketch from Card Sketches #221 for my layout. Stamped 3 panels with dots and added red roses on white CS. Focal Rose image was stamped on white CS and colored with Copics. Made leaves bluish to tie in colors. Used pennant design and stamped sentiment using mask and layered on a fancy tag cutout.

Challenges: (Flourishes did not limit entering in another challenge so entering one other challenge)

Flourishes: FLLCJUNE11
Card Positioning Systems: CPS 221





Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

You did such a great job combining all these sets for the challenge! How pretty and fun! So patriotic!

Julie Koerber said...

Theresa, this is lovely! I would never have thought to use roses but gosh, you did this justice! Thanks so much for playing with us gals over at Flourishes!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely stunning Theresa!

Leslie Miller said...

This is just too beautiful! Amazing do-it-yourself designer paper. I'm just a little bit wowed!

Tami Mayberry said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at CPS! :)