Monday, June 20, 2011

Paper Inspired Card


Sometimes a paper can inspire a card's design.  I was trying to decide what to make for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge which is to use at least one circle and one square shape into  a card.  I had decided to use a layout from Sweet Sketch Wednesday that had  circle and square elements.  And then I came across this double sided paper and thought it would set off  the tiger lily that I already had colored. I used the designs in the DP for my stripes as well as for a sentiment. Thus my card evolved.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes Tiger Lily from A Year in Flowers Set

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics.
Papers: Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" Double sided paper with fairies and dots
White CS and Textured Green CS from stash
Copper Dragonfly Brads
Nesties Circle  Dies

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #122: I used circles and made my card square with a square frame inset.
Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Sketch 106...first time to do this challenge.
Flutter By Wednesday's:  Use the colors pink, orange and green on your creations. Just happen to have these colors in my card and have lots of Fairies.

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

17 comments:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, I am so happy you are playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week....I love your card design!! beautiful papers and the lily is stunning. Wow, love your dragonfly charms, aren't they just perfect?
Thanks again and hope you will play again this next week. It is a fun sketch coming up on Wednesday.
Patti DT/SSW

Auntie Em said...

Your Tiger Lily card is beautiful! I love the little dragonfly charms and the little fairies on the background. So sweet!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Kathie said...

Hi Theresa, welcome to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and I do hope you join us again. I do love your Tiger Lily image I love flowers. Very pretty and I adore your design paper it works perfectly with your image and your little dragon flies are the most perfect embellishment to go with it. Awesome job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Please come and join us again.
Kathie SSW-DT

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card and great coloring on those lillies.
Pat

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty! Love that dp!

mulberry station said...

Wow, I love the use of the design paper you have used. Wht a fantastic job. I love your image. The Tiger lilies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSw-DT

Betty Benton said...

What a totally gorgeous card!! I'm lovin' every single detail!

Arlana said...

Such pretty flowers. Love that image and the matching sweet papaers. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

Olga said...

oh wow, jaw dropper, this is gorgeous!!!

The Stamper's Touch said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love it. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

Oh I love the fairy DP that you used on this card! Looks so lovely with your Lily! And your dragonlfies are awesome!
Judi SSW DT

Jeannie said...

You had me at the dragonflies!! Such a gorgeous card with all of the beautiful fairies! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and that beautiful paper. This is just breath-taking and one of my favorites this week. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Jacki Randolph said...

A gorgeous card, I love your colors and that stamp paper is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at SSW!

Birgit said...

Very pretty card! I love the paper and the flower sets it off

Maggie said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous...

Don't forget to add it to our linking party here
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com