Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life is Good in His Convertible

When my husband retired 8 years ago, I told him that he should buy a FUN car since he had driven  company cars for many years.....not much fun driving  them.  But little did I know just how much FUN that he would buy!  He came home sporting a Lexus SC 430 in Egyptian Sand...that's about as much fun as you can find in a car! And he has been driving it ever since.
When I saw this LOTV stamp of a teddy bear in a sports car, I thought immediately of my "Daddy Bear" tooling around in his sports car and had to have this stamp. I have colored it up to resemble his little convertible and made this surprise card for Father's Day. That was hard to do since he is always checking what I am doing in my studio. By the way, the front license plate reads "Life Is Good", his words to live by.
Supplies:
Stamp: Lili of the Valley "Mini Bear"
           Hero Arts "Dad"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Versamark, Silver Jelli-Pen
Paper: GKD White CS, Basic Grey DP, Gold Metallic CS
Nesties, Silver EP, Glossy Accents

Challenges to enter:
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Theme is boy oh boy...do Father's Day project.
Little Red Wagon: For Dad.
Wags 'n' Whiskers: One for the Boys.
Stamptacular Sunday: Fun in the Sun.  What's more fun than driving a convertible in the sun?
Lili of the Valley:  Bring on the Music...may be stretching this a bit....but my card was inspired by the song "Drive My Car". May not qualify for this challenge but was fun to use this LOTV stamp.
 Listen to the song by the beatles:  Click here.
Happy Father's Day to my DH and to all the wonderful fathers out there.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

My DH and his Car


11 comments:

Olga said...

yep, that would be a fun car!!!! Gorgeous card too and I'm sure he loves it~!

Betty Benton said...

What a terrific post -- thanks for sharing the pic of your hubby and his car -- the car(d) is just perfect for him!

The Other Patti Sue said...

How fun is this... so precious! It really does resemble your DH fun car (0= I'm back up and going! Not completely settled... but pretty darn close!

Brodders said...

Great take on this weeks challenge at Cupcake. Good luck x

Faye said...

What a gorgeous 'male' card. I love all the little details. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Good Luck! x

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Love how it matches his car. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon! Rosanne

Linda said...

big grin! how creative - i'm sure he loved it! it's adorable ...

debby4000 said...

Adorable, cute card, love the image and colours.
luv
debby

ahlers5 said...

Love the card and the car. Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

Pops x said...

HI sweetie this is really super sweet, great jon on the theme too, thanks for joining us this week at LOTV hugs Pops x

Sprytebyrd said...

Very cute card, Theresa! I love how personalized it is, just for your special man! Awesome job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments