Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lazy Summer Afternoon on the Porch

What better way to spend a summer day than swinging on the front porch with a glass of lemonade?  So stop on by. I have a glass of cool lemonade waiting on the porch railing.

I made this card with a stamp "Pleasant Porch" that I won from The Pixie Cottage. Love this stamp. Colored the image with copics and Jelli-Pens on the chains and sponged the sky and hillside with Momento Inks. Added a pillow that I drew, cut out and added the sentiment from a Flourishes stamp set. Papers are from stash.

Challenges:
The Pixie Cottage: Our theme this week is "Grab A Glass of Lemonade" The theme we are looking for is something yellow or lemony or just simply something to cool you down on one of these hot summer days!
For Fun Challenges: Theme is Summer Fun.
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: Something from the house (images containing household items). Pillow and glass from the house.
Sentimental Sunday: Celebrate Summer. Sentiment is on pillow.
Bearly Mine: Summer is here.
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Here Comes Summer

 Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

20 comments:

Valerie said...

I love this image. I could sit on that swing all day...

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining us for our "Something from around the house" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Theresa,
This looks idyllic. Wish I had one of these in my house! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Cheryl said...

this is really beautiful,bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Patti P. said...

I just love what you do with this stamp....I would love to be sitting there with you drinking that glass of lemonade. Beautiful work on this one,friend.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh my Theresa, this brings back such wonderful memories of a swing just like this on my grandmother's porch. We would spend hours just swinging, talking, and sipping homemade lemonade. I think this card if one of my all time favorites. Beautiful creation! "Hugs" Carol
ps. Thanks so much for stopping by and the warm wishes.

Karen Howard said...

Very summery and what a pretty bright yellow! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pixie Cottage, hope to see you again next week! Hugs, Karen

P.S. I've candy on my blog, hope you will come by and check it out!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

A gorgeous card! Love those colors you used. The paper is awesome!! And the image is so cute.
So happy that you have joined us at BMC....

Hugs
Judith

HandmadebyTLC said...

So wonderful to see a fellow stamper admiring and making such wonderful use of background images! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this time and good luck, hope to see you again!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Gorgeous card I love all the details! Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Sadilla said...

this is very nice, and the color combo is lovely and perfect for summer dear!!
thanks for playing along at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
sadia

Adrina said...

Oh wow, you did a great job with this fantastic stamp!! I also love it.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Tanya R said...

This is stunning, I just LOVE the digi image and the colors you chose. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

The Other Patti Sue said...

Looks so inviting! Super cute card GF!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous card just perfect for our challenge at the SCSC, thank you for joining us. I have candy if you are interested
Hugs Kate xx

Marlene said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Marlene
DT Member

Tameko said...

Lovely card. I feel like having a glass of lemonade... Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Steph said...

Gorgeous image, not see that one before! Love it, so summery! Thanks for joining in on Anything Goes, hope to see you again soon! x

Karen said...

It's beautiful, thanks for playing along at Sentimental Sunday's this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

tiggertastic said...

so creative, lovely image

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft