Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do You Know Today is "National Pink Day"?

I have had several posts today...some that I had pre-scheduled....but now I have another one with some pink flowers ....to celebrate "Pink Day". I have done a lot of cards lately with pink ...guess the color has grown on me as I own very little pink.   I used a sketch from Creatalicious and  used a GKD stamp set to make this card for a few challenges including one calling to use pretty paper and two for paper piecing. I thought the DP that I used to paper piece the vase looked like a pattern from a porcelain vase. Stamped the vase on ivory CS and masked it and then stamped the flowers which I colored with copics. of course I also stmaped on the DP and cut out for my image. Used more DP to do for embossed mats and placed all on a ivory card base. Finished with ribbon, bow, and sentiment that I "tied" to the vase. I like the way I engineered the patterns for my designs.
Challenges:
 Stamp Something: This week the challenge is to use some pretty paper!  Use a lot, use a little. I have used papers from Basic Grey "Sweet Threads"
Stamp TV: For Mix It Up Monday challenge, use Paper Piecing on your card.
Craft Your Passion: Challenge is paper piecing.
Creatalicious: This Month's challenge is a sketch shown on right.
Lil Darling: Use fave color combo.
BasicGrey Challenges: Use Hot Pink, Lime Green, and Kraft/Brown. All colors are in The "Sweet Threads" paper I used.

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD "Buds and Vases" by Melanie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Rose Passion,Copics G21,82,YG63, Booo, R81,83,85
Papers: Basic Grey "Sweet Threads" Paper pack, GKD Ivory CS
Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls
Ribbon from stash
Nesties Labels 4
How much do you like pink ?
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

9 comments:

Frk. Bogstad said...

A lovly card :)

Christine from FL said...

Pretty card! I took out this stamp set before I left for work today so I could make a card with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

CraftinGranny said...

A beautiful tribute to "National Pink Day". Thanks for sharing. "Hugs" Carol

Linda B said...

Beautiful, Theresa. I was looking at the Sweet Threads collection today. So pretty.
I don't wear pink very often or use it in my decor, but as of late, I have been making pink cards like crazy???

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty.... a pink day is way better then a blue day!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Theresa, this is absolutely beautiful. Just love your vase of flowers. hugs Sharon

maryr917 said...

Your vase looks so pretty paper pieced-great coloring on your roses- thanks for playing along with craft your passion challenge

Natalie Z. *Paselska* said...

Absolutely Stunning Card!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Creatalicious Challenges.


Hugs Natalie xx

Sammibug said...

Beautiful card! Love the paper piecing on the vase and the paper you chose is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion in our Paper Piecing challenge!