Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bring Back Beauty with a Spotlight

Flourishes Bring Back Beauty challenge is  Beauty in the Spotlight! You are to use the Spotlight technique — the goal is to make just part of your image POP.
I selected "Spring has Sprung" stamps for my card and put the spotlight on the blue bird. I began by stamping some Lily of the Valley images, sentiment,  and then my focal image in Memento Tuxedo Black on yellow CS. I then stamped my spotlight on white CS and colored with Copics B000, 01,24, R20, and C1. I cut the spotlight with Nesties Oval die amd attached on the card. I used a card base of Shimmery White CS , added a black mat and attached the image. Finished with some blue rhinestones on the sentiment.

Challenge Link:
Flourishes Bring Back Beauty: BBB11

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

5 comments:

Sue W said...

Fabulous Theresa......I love Spotlighting and should do it more often.

Olga said...

I love this and that bird is priceless!!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers Theresa! Love your spotlight... cute little birdie!

Patti P. said...

Theresa, your coloring on this bird is so beautiful and even more so spotlighted, I love this technique and never use it unless in a challenge. Maybe I should change that. tfs

Patti P. said...

Hey there, check out Sugar Creek Hollow. Congrats to you!