Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teddy Bear Picnic

This is my second post today as I am trying to catch up on challenges. I have never printed images on kraft paper and colored them.  The challenge at Sassy Cheryl is asking us to do that and that is what I did. I am not sure that I care for this as it is hard to get the coloring right. I used a combo of Copics, pencils and makers and did some sponging too.
Challenges to enter:
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge: Get Krafty! That means color up the image that you printed on Kraft paper. My verdict whether I like this as I said is still pending.
Fab 'n Funky: Use buttons and bows. I thought the gingham bow and red buttons were the perfect finish to this card.
Allsorts Challenge: Theme is Teddy Bears Picnic. What better image for this theme?
Wee Memories: "Get Sticky!" ... use stickers, rub-ons,etc. I had the perfect sticker for this card in some old scrapbook supplies.

Details:
Digi Image: Sassy Cheryl's "Teddy Bear at a Party"
Colored with Copics, Pencils, Markers, Ink pads, etc.
Sakura Clear Glaze on dishes, bear features, bows
Kraft CS, Ribbon, Buttons from stash
Rub-ons from "Me & My Big Ideas"
Digital Check Paper from http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/gingham_scrapbook_paper.htm

Do you like the effect of printing and coloring on Kraft Paper?
 Thanks for stopping by! Theresa
Check out the "Teddy Bear Picnic Song" by Anne Murray

11 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well Theresa. I think it's FABULOUS! I imagine it is kind of difficult to do though, so I admire you for trying. And so glad you did. What an amazing card!
Just love it. And thanks for taking Jeni's challenge and joining in the fun!

Linda B said...

I think your card is darling... such good work. Loved the video, too. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

Theresa, this is a darling image on kraft. Wonderful coloring and love the red check dp with it. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.

Olga said...

awesome video, TFS, love your card too, it's great on craft........... good luck with the challenges!

Cynthia said...

I think this is very sweet, Theresa. I am really enjoying the look on Kraft and only tried it myself the other day for the first time.

Wendy said...

Perfect sticker and image, and love that you included the song to listen to. Thanks for joinign us at Wee Memories this week!

jkreucher said...

I think your coloring is wonderful! what a fun image to try this on!
I really love the look of how vibrant the colors show up on the kraft paper.
So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
Judy

Lea L. said...

This is adorable!! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful Theresa! Great job coloring on kraft paper. I am going to have that song going in my head all day. It was one of my favorites when I was little. Thanks for sharing with us at Sassy Cheryl's. ~jeni :)

Ann English said...

This is sooo cute, Theresa! I love, too, that you paired this music video with your post-very clever!
I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Stamping Seasons said...

Such detailed colouring. You done a great job with this image.
Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls
Hugs
Tracy