Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sew....What's New With You?

I have  this stamp set "Sew What" that I bought from Mark's Finest Papers but have never inked it up. Thought it was time to put it to use for Speedy the Cat's challenge from Vicki who asked us to use a hat pin on our card . And then there were some other challenges to use embroidery floss, stitching, and other elements that I tied in with the card. I stamped the dress form and colored the skirt with copics and paper pieced the bodice. Added some embroidery stitches (chain stitch and french knot) with the floss and also a zigzag row(used paper piercing. ) along the strip of PP.  Finished with a ribbon and bow to showcase the hat pin and added scissors charm with a bit of floss. Used 2 more stamps to create the sentiment. Kind of a different card but was fun to assemble all the elements into one project.

Challenges:
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge: Use a hat pin. By the way, Vicki stuck us with the bad news that she was leaving Speedy's Challenge. It has been fun having her there and I'll miss her at Speedy's.
Our Creative Corner: Use embroidery floss.  I had to dig out my box of embroidery supplies for this one. Been awhile since I did any embroidery.
One Stop Craft Challenge: Theme is in stitches. Rather than use the sewing machine, I did my stitching by hand. 
Let's Ink It Up: Embellish it. Used ribbon, hat pin, and charm.
Lollipop Challenges: Recipe is 3 stamps, 2 Pattern Papers, and 1 embellishment.  May have overdone the embellishments but it does not say only  use 1 embellishment.
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes...that's easy enough.
Simon Says: Use paper piecing or paper piercing. Use paper piecing on my bodice and also used paper piercing to make my zigzag line before stitching.
Stamp and Create: Use a charm or crown. Used a scissors charm.
 Supplies:
Stamps: 3 from Mark's Finest Papers "Sew What" stamp set.
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo and Ranger Distress Ink Wild Honey
Copics: YG09,G21, YR12,23
Papers: GKD Ivory CS,  K&CO Floral and Dot patterns
Nesties Scallop Oval Die
Ribbon from Offray
Dark Green and Black Embroidery Floss from my Stash
Hat Pin and Charm from Mark's Finest Papers

I used to enjoy doing  a lot of sewing...even made most of my clothing years ago. And also did a lot of needlework projects. Kind of miss doing that.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

19 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Great card! I love all the different elements you used
Thanks for sharing! :)

Patti P. said...

Oh Theresa, I think this is just wonderful...love that set and you have shown it to perfection. All of your details are perfect. Good Luck in all of the challenges.

Olga said...

WOW, you just keep blowing my mind! This is awesome!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Sew fun to combine your talents! This is awesome!

Carla S. said...

Great card, Theresa! Love how you colored and pieced the dress form! Pretty details!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Fabulous card, Theresa! I love the color palette you chose too. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Cor* said...

Yay, how lovely is this! Stunning layout to go with that very unique stamp. Love what you have done with it! Thanks for sharing your embellie filled creation this fortnight with us at LIIU!

Shirl said...

Super duper card, very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! I adore the tiny scissors! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Also thank you for all the support you have shown over the past year! I appreciated it!

Zulma said...

Cute card! love the color combo and key charm. Thanks for playing with ua at Lollipop Crafts this week, good luck!
Zulma DT

Lisa Lara said...

I love this image. Great colors. I like how you did your ribbon.

Claire said...

What a fab card, very clever stamping! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
claire xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colours & DP you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

redwasher1 said...

My goodness Theresa, this is gorgeous!! I love it.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Speedy's Friends.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a gorgeous card....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Payne Holler Cards said...

fell in love with this when you posted it but couldnt stop to leave a comment! this is absolutely over the top amazing!!

juelmarie said...

I'm sew loving your card! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts and Good luck!

Crafty Hugs,

Juelmarie DT

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful. I love the image you have used and your gorgeous colours.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Lacey Stephens said...

Cute card! Great take on the Charms or Crowns challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Stamp and Create Challenge!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com