Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Playing Catch Up

 I have been trying to get back in the groove of card making, posting, blogging and commenting since Blogger interrupted my routine last week. Have had a hard time finding my mojo and have not been doing much commenting to my friends. I hope to get back to visiting everyone soon.
I made this card to enter into several challenges Including the one at Pixie Cottage whose sketch I used and also one of their stamps. I used the pocket between the image and green mat to slip a tag in underneath. ( See second photo for tag)

Challenges:
Pixie Cottage: Challenge is the sketch below right and/or  theme of "Tag You're It!"  I combined both in the card.
The ABC Challenge: U is for underneath. I placed my tag underneath the image.
DYSU Challenge: Add a Tag! Tag is shown below.
Basic Grey Challenge: Use a mix of your BasicGrey crafty goodies. I used 3 Basic Grey papers from Jovial and Oliver and added Basic Grey Brads.
The Beary Sweet Challenge: Challenge is Nature. Love to be out in nature and watch the birds, so I used  this cardinal on my nature card.
Stamp Something: Challenge is Anything Goes for their third year Celebration. Happy Birthday to Stamp Something!!
Kaboodle Doodle: Challenge this week is a game of TicTacToe -using the board shown below. I chose the middle row and used ribbon, die-cut, and brads.

Details:
Stamp: Pixie Cottage "Cardinal by Artish",  Flourishes Sentiment  "Lenten Rose"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Distress Ink Wild Honey
Copics: E25,39,47, R 24,27,29,59, Y 17,28,
YR 07,12,18,  YG 03,63
Papers: GKD Ivory CS, Basic Grey Oliver and Jovial Paper Packs
Brads: Basic Grey
Ribbon from Stash
Nesties Rectangle Dies
Spellbinder Ribbon Tag Die

This post should make up for some of my lost time doing challenges.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa


20 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Gorgeous card. Great image and beautifully coloured. Love the sentiment on the tag too. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

This totally rocks... You sure can't tell your mojo is missing!

princesskitten said...

That's so great - bloomin' blogger has thrown us all

kitten DYSU team

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us over at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Olga said...

super fantastic card!!!! Good luck in your challenges!

Davi said...

A very pretty card. Love the cardinal and the triangle down the side! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.

Sadilla said...

Very smart card! Great interpretation of the sketch, and lovely image dear!
thanks for joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
HUGS
sadia

**Farrah** said...

Fab card!! Great image and colouring!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Patti P. said...

I love this stamp that you used, and your coloring is terrific. Really creative way to use your sentiment. Good luck in all of the challenges.

Tanya R said...

So so clever! Thank you for sharing this treasure with us at The Pixie Cottage.
Hugs
Tanya

Carla aka scrappypug said...

So pretty! Love the cardinal and the way you used the tag! Thanks so much for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

Adrina said...

Great take on our sketch and your coloring of this awesome bird is beautiful.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week!!
Adrina XX

mudmaven said...

This is just beautiful Theresa! Thanks for joining us for our Tic, Tac, Toe challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Cammy said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Rica said...

Stunning card Theresa, great use of the papers and beautiful colouring of the gorgeous cardinal!!

So glad you could join us at Basic Grey
love
Heather xx

Jamie said...

What a great image, I love how the tag slips behind! Thanks so much for joining us in our Nature Challenge, hope to see you again next time!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Oh, how lovely! The banners on the left are striking and reflect the pine needle clusters nicely. Grea5 balance!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Heh, heh, the "enter" button got away from me... and that should sat "great balance". I guess this is what I get for commenting from my phone. :) Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Nature Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

beadz said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Beary Scrap- and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Patricia said...

Very sweet, Thanks for playing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenges. I hope to see you again.
~Patricia
TBS DT