Sunday, May 1, 2011

The King of the Jungle or Zoo, That Is!

 I love to play with Mark's Finest Papers stamp set that have the wild animals stamps and this week I found some challenges where I can use them. This is the first time that I used the lion and it was fun coloring him with Copics and then. pencils. I added some whiskers using Spica pens as well. Love the look on his face and I was pleased with my coloring.
As a mat, I used some leftover grass cloth wallpaper ...not telling you how long I have kept this leftover wallpaper but it has been quite awhile. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning sketches. Added some sentiments, brads, and ribbon to finish.

Challenges to enter:
Cards for Men: Use circles. Lion is good for a manly challenge.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Shown on lower left.
Tuesday Throwdown: Add brads or eyelets to artwork. Brads are good for this king of the jungle.
For Fun Challenges: The challenge this week is GREEN - not the color to be green. and recycle something. Recycled old wallpaper.
Paperplay Challenge: Use an object not intended for crafting. Well that would be the wallpaper that I used.
Alphabet Challenge: Z is for zoo animals. The lion is always a favorite on a zoo visit.
Supplies:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers "Big Cats"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics C9, E30,31,33,50,53,55, Y28,26
Aytou Spica Pens-Gold and Silver
Assorted Koh-i-noor Pencils
Papers: GKD Brown and White CS, Grass Cloth Wallpaper from leftovers
Nesties Circle Dies
Brads from Stash
Ribbon: MFP's Giraffe Print

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

10 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

OMG Theresa, your coloring of the lion is awesome! Love the "wallpaper" background and the ribbon is a perfect match. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

Perfect layout for this awesome image! Your coloring is just amazing!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! This is awesome! I really love the ribbon you used and the background paper is so earthy. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Such a fabulous card Theresa, love that you've kept everything in the same colour-family and the ribbon is a great addition. Thank you so much for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge x

Sonia said...

Hi Theresa
You did a wonderful job... love how you did your card according with the Sketch.
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge Blog
Sonia DT

Scrappy Rat said...

Great job coloring the lion and what a cool way to use up that grass wallpaper--very serenghetti! I think I seriously spelled that wrong. :/ My mom had that wallpaper in her dining room in the early 80's, so I'm guessing you've been hanging onto that paper for a while. :) Thanks for joining in our green challenge at For Fun Challenges! :)

glitzygirl said...

Just gorgeous. Love the Lion, great Lo. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenges, blessings Hilde

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous image, love how youve coloured him and your bps. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Lauren said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

Lauren