Thursday, May 12, 2011

Christmas Challenges

I am not really ready to make Christmas cards but thought I'd play in Flourishes' Christmas Spirit Challenge again as well as Christmas Cards  All Year  Round as they have a great sketch this month.

The Flourishes challenge is to use a Poinsettia Flower on your creation and use Flourishes stamps. This is then linked to their SCS thread. I used Flourishes stamps from "Poinsettia and Boxwood" set.  I stamped the poinsettia in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Memento Marker Rhubarb Stalk.  Also stamped some bows and sentiment with Rhubarb Stalk and cut out with circle and blossom dies. I used Red CS as my base and matted with Basic Grey Figgy Pudding papers. Arranged all the elements using the sketch shown below.

Challenge Links:


Christmas Cards All Year 'Round

4 comments:

Olga said...

well you are getting the jump on the rest of us! Your card is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card. It looks like you placed everything just like the sketch. I love it!!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Pretty creation dear.

Barbara said...

Can't wait for poinsettias to hit the stores again :-) Lovely card.