Thursday, May 19, 2011

Card Patterns Challenge Done Easily

This was a very easy card to make because I used the fun paper from a pack by Nikki Sivils that I came across in my stash... must have been part of a blog candy. I was working on another card and looking for the right paper, but when I saw this sheet with the pennants, I immediately thought of  this week's Sketch 115 from Card Patterns. I started with a yellow doily cut with a Cheery Lynn die. Cut the circle from the pattern paper with the pennants and then added a strip of pennants cut from another sheet in the paper pack.  Stamped the sentiments from Flourishes "Birthday Pennants" set in Memento Potter's Clay. After I took photos, I decided to cut out some birds ( from the same paper pack) and added to the rope. Finished the back of card with two circles of white CS atttached at the top edge to create the inside of the card.

Showing above: the original card and to the right : With the birds. The hardest part of this card was removing the "chads" from the punched die.
The paper pack by Nikki Sivils is "My Friend Birdie". Used GKD Yellow CS.
No coloring, embossing, and not much stamping to make this cute card.
And what a fun sketch from Card Patterns. Challenge here.


Other challenges:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge : Make a simple birthday project. They are celebrating their 2nd Blogaversary.

7 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

isnt it fun when it comes together so easily and perfectly!
trying to get around and visit this morning - have missed so much!
love that mono card too!

Olga said...

I love it!!!! Great doily too!

Patti P. said...

What a clever, creative card...also love it with those cute birds, the perfect touch. Theresa, you have inspired me for a project that I am working on....thanks so much. You are the best, will keep you posted.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your right.... that's way awesome paper! Love it!

Crafty_Fairie said...

Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT for our blog hop with this great card.

Kerry

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Wow Theresa, love your take on the sketch and very creative using that line from Nikki Sivils! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

~amy~ said...

Such a happy card...love the yellow doily! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!