Tuesday, May 10, 2011

By the Sea

Hello everyone. I have been busy outside doing yard work and cleaning the garden beds the last few days and have not spent much time blogging and card making. We finally got some sunshine and warmer temperatures so I am taking advantage of the weather. After the winter we had, it is a much welcomed  relief  to be outside. Also doing some house maintenance and preparing to have the house painted  soon. That's what you do when retireed....thought this card was appropriate for today since I made it as a Retirement Card.
I am posting this one that I made sometime ago but never posted. I found some challenges that it fits so thought this would be a good time to show. I did paper piecing for the sea  and used several layers of mats. Fairly simple card.

Challenges:
City Crafters: Theme is by the sea.
Papertake Weekly: Use punch or dies.
Tuesday Throwdown: Use die cuts
Simon Says: Use paper piecing.

Stamps: Saiboat by Alex Stamping, Sentiment by MFP's
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
 Bazzill Cardstocks Snow, Vanilla, Lagoon, Watermelon
Nesties Oval dies.
Brads from stash.
Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

15 comments:

Kristie said...

Very nice card. I really like that you paper pieced the sea, great textured touch. Have a great day!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! I love that image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a great retirement card, Theresa! The colors are just perfect!

Olga said...

Fantastic card, that's not fair, I'm not retired and still have to do all that stuff.........who do I complain to LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

Pure perfection! I would love retirement on a sail boat! We have good weather today too... gonna work outside after work!

CraftinGranny said...

Retirement is wonderful but now no time to get everything done........LOL Love the card Theresa. Wouldn't it be fun to go sailing. "Hugs" Carol

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply adorable, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Gorgeous card.

Sue W said...

lovely card Theresa! I would love to be sailing away to somewhere nice and warm!!!! Cold and windy here is Sydney!!!

Ros said...

Perfectly lovely ... a great card for the challenge ... thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

Linda B said...

Beautiful card... love the colors... and being recently retired, I LOVE the sentiment.

Patti P. said...

So glad you have time to garden...I have one bed that needs weeding, but I keep putting it off. Isn't it wonderful to be talking about flowers instead of cold and snow? I really like your paper piecing on this card. Great work with this.

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So lovely! I LOVE that sailboat image! Thanks you so much for playing along at CCCB!

Linda R. said...

This is adorable.. What a wonderful sailboat you used.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!