Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simple Banner Card

 This card I made for several challenges. I thought this was going to be a quick card to make, being that I made it One Layer. But I kept having problems....I was planning to do a border across the bottom not the top but I laid my inked stamp on the card by mistake and had to cut off a portion off the bottom ...there went my plan for a 4x8" card. Also took me a while to use the  ribbon pennant stamp across the card as it is not that wide and I wanted to stretch across. But using masking and patience, I finally got it near the way I wanted. Not perfect but good enough. Stamped 3 pennants along "ribbon banner" and a border at the top. Added sentiment to the banner and above it to finish. Glued on some twine for pennants to hang.  No layering, cutting or die cutting involved! So I have a clean and simple one layer card with a banner in a monochrome theme on white  made with the sketch on lower right.

Challenges:
Annabelle Stamps Blog: Say it with a Banner
Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle:  Make it clean and simple
Alphabet Challenge: W is for white with one other color

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes-banner, pennant and border stamps from coordinating sets "Birthday Pennants" and "Stripe and Stripes"
GKD Birthday stamp from "Inside and Out"
Creative Clear Stamp verse from"Make a Wish"
Ink: Memento Paris Dusk
White Cardstock from stash
Twine from scraps

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

18 comments:

Olga said...

It's awesome!!!!

Patti J said...

Well, I think it turned out beautifully! Looks like that was exactly what you planned to do all along! Love the color!!!

Jan said...

Fab card x Jan

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think it is totally awesome! Love the banner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps... hope to see you again (0=

Patti P. said...

I think it is just perfect the way it is....love the white space at the bottom because it really makes your banner and pendents pop! Great job!

ike said...

Lovely card - really unusual. Thank you for joining SSDS this week.

Ike xx
SSDS DT

Angel said...

Excellent card, love the blue an white.

Thanks for joining us at AC.

Huggies Angel

CraftinGranny said...

Wow, had to get your thinking cap on to do this one. Awesome card Theresa. Love the blue and white! "Hugs" Carol

Chrissie said...

It's interesting to read of all the ploys we come up with to rescue slight mishaps.
This is a super colour, and the card looks fab... I'm not sure if the sentiment is the prominent feature however... those super stamps do rather grab my attention!
See you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jane said...

Fab card love the colour you have used xx

Copse said...

Oh I like thank, love the Bunting, just gorgeous.. thanks for joining us this week at SSDS.. Kaz DT SSDS

Kelly S. said...

LOVE the blue floral! The banner looks adorable, such a sweet and cheerful birthday card!

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is gorgeous Theresa! I love how you've created your banner, and the two colours are perfect!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Julia Aston said...

So pretty in the blue and white! love the banners and nice b'day sentiment! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

cbuswell said...

great card, love the blue and twine! brilliant!! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

Sande said...

So beautiful - very CAS.

Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Hugs, Sande x

Sue W said...

It's a beautiful card Theresa ....Good luck with the AnnaBelle Challenge this week it's always good to see your cards here.

Helen Ann said...

love the blue and white - that bunting is fab

sorry for the late comment

thanks for playing along at Alphabet Challenge Blog, hope to see you again

Helen Ann XOX