Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quilt Covers Many Challenges



Shown on the right is the photo inspiration that is for the Flourishes TimelessTuesday Challenge this week.  We are to be inspired by the circular patterns, or the patterns within the circles, or the colors… whatever.  I love making quilt cards so I was inspired to make a quilt  but also used the design of the quilt circles, and colors in the photo. I "literally" took the quilt from the chair and hung it on a quilt rack on my card. I used a quilt stamp from GKD's "Nana's Needlework" by Nina and stamped it on off white slightly patterned paper using Memento London Fog ink to give a light color to the stamping. I paper pieced assorted color circles on to the design of the quilt. After I cut out the quilt, I embossed it using Cuttlebug EF Argyle which appears as  stitching on the quilt. I was pleased how this came out....click to enlarge the photo to see details. I used card base of Mango CS, layered with Yellow CS, and mat of blue patterned.  I stamped the quilt holder directly onto Ivory CS with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored the wood rack with Copics E21,25,29,33. I "hung" my quilt on the rack and finished with a sentiment from the stamp set mentioned above. I was happily surprised
to realize that I had also used the colors from Lily Pad Cards Color Throw Down ...guess the challenge was in the back of my mind when I chose the colors that I used.
Other details on supplies:
Paper: Solid CS from GKD, Patterns used were DCWV from Flower Shower Spring Pack,
           Paper for quilt from scraps
Nesties Smaller circle die

Links to Challenges:
Crafty Caz Weekly Challenge: Use embossing. Quilt is embossed with argyle embossing folder.

12 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Love your card and quilt! How artistic to make it look like the real thing.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Olga said...

You blow my mind, this is awesome!!!!

Patti P. said...

Wow, this is so perfect...just like the picture. Thanks for all the details in this (may case sometime if you won't mind) Love the EF idea...I did enlarge and it is like the stitching. Great job on this....good luck.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers... this was almost as labor intensive as making a real quilt! Totally awesome!

Lin said...

As a former quilter, I love your card, Theresa - wonderful use of the Lily Pad colors! Thanks for playing with us!

Amanda said...

Awesome, Awesome card!! I love how it looks just like the inspiration photo!! I love your embossing folder idea, I wish I had thought of that :)

Pia said...

What a fun sentiment - thanks for playing with Lily Pads! Have a great day!

Nancy said...

What a perfectly charming card, your "quilt" is gorgeous! Thanks for jumping in the pond with us at the Lily Pad!
blessings~

Dee Jackson said...

this is fabulous!! Love the colors. Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week.

Tammy Hershberger said...

PERFECT design to reflect the inspiration piece! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Ezlie J. Perez said...

very pretty and unique!

Kathy said...

Wow this card is so detailed and will surely make someone very happy. Awesome take on the challenge. Thanks so much for participating with the Color Throw Down @ Lily Pad. :)