Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On Safari


 This was a fun card to make...love this stamp set from Mark's finest papers....I made  it with a new stamp set and paper pack that I ordered from MFP's. I have been anxious to make a card using my new goodies and this was a perfect challenge to use my purchases. I stamped the elephant on grey CS and white CS and cut out with circle dies. Cut the trunk with a smaller die for spotlighted this area. I colored it with Copics and added some Glossy accents to the tusks which does not show in the photo. I sponged the edge very lightly with black.Using a black card base, I added a mat of orange that I embossed. Added ribbons of black and a white one with elephant tracks(at least that is my story). Attached the elephant matted on a black circle and then layered on highlighted circle.   Added the elephant charm ( so cute!) and stamped and embossed sentiment on strip of black CS and added to ribbon. Finished with 3 gems.
I decided to finish the inside with stamped elephants and tree and more of the "elephant tracks" ribbon.


                                                                                 Challenges:
Speedy the Cat's Friends: Spotlight any animal on your card. 
  Cards for Men: Use embossing...did both dry and heat embossing.
Just Us Girls:  Sketch Challenge
 












 Supplies:
Stamps: MFP "African Veldt", Hero Arts Sentiment inside
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye
Copics: C00,1,3,9, E00
Papers, Charm, and Gems: All  from MFP Paper Pack "On Safari"
Gold Embossing Powder
Cuttlebug EF Diamond Plate
Nesties Circle Dies
Ribbon from Stash

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

14 comments:

Olga said...

Love your card, not only the spot light but the inside too, fantastic!

Markie's Mom said...

OUTSTANDING! Thanks for playing along with STC's Friends!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OHHHH I really like this one! Your spotlight of the trunk is creative genius! Stunning!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous spotlighting....love this card....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Perfect example for this challenge. You nailed the spotlight! Great job Theresa and thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Vicki Dutcher said...

AWESOME JOB! You did the challenge perfectly! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Elise said...

Ooooow! These stamps are FABULOUS! Such terrific use of color and this smashing composition! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with JUST US GIRLS!

Doris said...

Great highlighting job! This technique is fun, dontcha think...

Alison said...

Such a great design and I love the embossing folder you have used.
Thanks for playing along with our embossing challenge at CFM.
Hugs, Alison x

Kathryn B said...

Love this card! Very cool image and the spotlight technique is one of mt faves! Love the detail on the inside of this too!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

Andrea M said...

I LOVE this technique! The spotlight is one of my favs!!! I love this image! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!!! Way to use the sketch!

redwasher1 said...

Wow!! Beautiful job on this Theresa!!!
Thanks for sharing this with us at Speedy's Friends.

Sarah said...

Such a fabulous card inside and out! Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our embossing challenge, good luck xxx

Dana Gustafson said...

OhhH! I love the drama on your card. What a stunning elephant image! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!