Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monochrome Challenges


It took me longer to decide on the color and papers than it took to make this card for Joan's Gardens Challenge. Her challenge was to use an embossing folder, something die cut, something dimensional and
a monochromatic card with a splash of color. My splash of color is the copper embossing and ribbon which is very close to the color theme,  but I think is a contrast enough for the splash of color. I embossed the card with an embossed frame and sponged ink to highlight the design. Used a oval die cut for the sentiment that I attached with foam dots. Butterflies were punched from a designer paper and I added a touch of copper EP for the bodies and used a glaze pen to bring out some detail. Shaped and placed with glue dots. My finishing touch was the wired copper ribbon bow which was not in my original plan. Thanks to Selma for her inspiration card where I got the idea for butterflies.
Challenge Links:
Joan's Gardens
One Stop Craft Challenge: Monochrome
Paper Crafting with Creative Clear Stamps: Molly's Saturday challenge is Ribbon
Supplies:
Quick Kutz EF "Frame"
Papers: Base Card and Oval SU Marigold Morning, SU Pattern Dots (mat), K&Co Floral Print Paper for Butterflies
Ink: Versamark with Copper EP, VersaMagic Pumpkin Spice for sponging on oval and embossing
Stamps: GKD "Hope is Faith"
Punch: Martha Stewart
Nesties Oval Die
Sakura Glaze Pen
Ribbon from my Collection
 
Monochromatic cards do not have to be boring...can be fun to make.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

6 comments:

Laura said...

WOW great one! Thanks for joining us this week!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow! Your crankin out some gorgeous cards GF! This is absolutely beautiful!

Patti P. said...

I love this color combo and your butterflies are gorgeous. You did a fantastic job with this...I need to get my card done, like you I am still thinking about what I want to do. Have a great evening.

CraftinGranny said...

Such remarkable colors Theresa. You definately made the right choice and it is truly stunning. Love the sentiment, the butterflies and that gorgeous bow. GL in the challenge. "Hugs" Carol

Olga said...

it's a beauty!!!! Good luck.

Val said...

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Valxx