Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let Your Dreams Take Flight



I've created this project for the "In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge" at the Moxie Fab World.  We are to create a paper crafted project that incorporates a hot air balloon(s) in an innovative way.  Cath says "It's fairly simple to create your own pattern for a shape such as this, so if you don't have any hot air balloon product lying around, don't hesitate to be inventive."

 Well, I have no balloon stamps or products so I was inventive.  We have a hot air balloon fest here each fall and sometimes the air currents bring them directly over our house at which times my DH makes pictures of the balloons as they fly over.  I used one of his photos (showing several balloons above the tree line) for the background in this card. I edited the photo to look like a watercolor, printed it on watercolor paper for a more subtle look, and then embossed it. I used another of the photos to design my balloon shape, paper pieced it with scraps and embossed it to give it some textured details. I made the basket by weaving some thin paper strips again from scraps and attaching to the balloon with twine. I attached the balloon to my card with pop ups ...and can you see the people I drew in the basket? I rounded the upper corners and attached to a dark green card base. Finished the project with a sentiment stamped on watercolor paper scrap. I lightly sponged the sky and sentiment with blue ink.

Supplies:
Papers: Watercolor Paper, GKD All Spruced Up CS, Scraps for Balloon
Stamp: Sentiment from GKD "Take Flight"
Ink: SU Handsome Hunter, Memento Summer Sky
Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls and Argyle
EK Success Corner punch

Hope your day soars!
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

6 comments:

Olga said...

Awesome card, so bright and fun!!!!

Patti P. said...

Wow, you get my vote as most inventive, it looks like you let your creativity take flight. Beautiful work on this!

CraftinGranny said...

This is such a fun and cute card Theresa. Very creative! "Hugs" Carol

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Lovely creation dear.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are so creative! So awesome... I love all the balloons!

Cath said...

Hey Theresa! Thanks for linking this up to the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)