Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Me and My Dear Husband

This is one of my all time fave images  from Meljens Designs...guess this couple reminds me of my DH  and me sitting together on our bench - one of our favorite past times in the summer.  I thought it would be great for a challenge at Cute Card Thursday that is to feature a couple. I colored the image with copics and added highlights with glaze pens. Sponged the grass and sky. Used Meljens sketch but flipped it. Used Creative Cottage digi paper for base card (has some dots) and mat of dot paper which I also embossed with Swiss Dots. Finished with some SU punch outs layered with buttons, SU sticker with sentiment, and some pearls.

Challenges:
Meljens: Use sketch shown on right
Cute Card Thursday: Theme is couples.
Delightful Challenges: Use flowers on your creations. Some shown on  image and added some punch outs.
Scrap Creations: This weeks challenge is a receipe challenge: Pick 3 - I chose pearls, buttons, flowers.
One Sop Craft :  Use Spots and Dots

Supplies:
Digi: Meljens Designs
Papers: White CS, SU Dot Paper, Creative Cottage Digital Papers in blue
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Bamboo Leaves, Copics
Sakura Colored Glaze Pens
SU Stickers
Buttons and pearls from stash
Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots




 Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

14 comments:

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! Such an adorable couple!
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs
Vanja

The Other Patti Sue said...

Boy you've been cranin them out GF! This is adorable, such a sweet image!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I meant to say you've been crankin them out LOL!

Deb said...

Beautiful card, very sweet image!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Peggy said...

This is adorable. It is so cute. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Danni said...

Oh so sweet! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Theresa
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
hugs Dianne xx

Olga said...

oh, I love it, it's priceless, they are so cute, I love the way you colored them too!

CraftinGranny said...

This is such an adorable image and beautifully colored. Great design too Theresa! "Hugs" Carol

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Robbie said...

Oh my stars! This is so BEAR-Y cute! I love this image for the same reason as you. Just love what you did with this sketch. Your coloring is wonderful and love those lil flowers at the sides. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at MelJens for our sketch challenge.

Payne Holler Cards said...

just adorable! love them sitting on the bench - perfect coloring!

Jennifer Shults said...

Just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday this week!

Iulia said...

Such a sweet image! I love these two cuties and your coloring is so beautiful!
I also have a blog candy running these days if you happen to come by:)!
Hugs and have a great Sunday!
Iulia- new follower