Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fluttering By With Wishes

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge this week is to use the Emboss Resist Technique. This is not a hard technique but I had to experiment a lot before I found the right mix of stamps and inks that I liked for the card.  I found inspiration from the DT's projects.
Challenge Links:
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #50
The Play Date Cafe: PDCC 76
Supplies:
Stamps: Layers of Colors "Nature" & "Flutterescent",
             MFP's Sentiment from "Happy Pansies"
Inks: Versamark; Memento Bamboo Leaves, Summer Sky; SU Brocade Blue
Clear Embossing Powder
Papers: GKD White and Grass Green for base
Cuttlebug EF Branch with Leaves ( hardly shows)
Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Die
Ribbon from Dollar Store
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

17 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my goodness me Theresa, this is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!! A gorgeous card, hugs Sharon

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers GF this is stunning! Stop by my blog... I left you a little something!

Olga said...

Oh WOW Theresa, this is so gorgeous!!!! I love the colors, layout and that image!!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! I love the emboss resist butterfly and the pretty colors!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thunk...... This is amazing!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous emboss resist design! Thank you so much for sharing it with Speedy's Friends!

I so appreciate your visit to my blog and sweet comment on my potted iris pocket card during today's MFP blog hop!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, gorgeous butterfly. Lovely take on this weeks colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Play Date Cafe. Tracy x

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- Wonderful job on the emboss resist! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card and fantastic inking!!! THanks for joining us at The PLay Date CAfe :)

Ruby said...

You did a beautiful job with this technique! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Very soft and pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Julie Ranae said...

Such a beautiful entry for this week's challenge! I love everything about this design. Thank you for bringing to the Play Date Cafe Gallery!

Jennie said...

Oh Theresa, this is beautiful!! LOVE the way you did the butterfly...lovely design my friend!

NinaB said...

Beautifully done, Theresa. I love this technique and you did it so well.
~Nina, Layers of Color DT

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Wow! Stunning, Theresa! The technique is fabulous and really makes those stamps shine! Bravo!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Theresa - this is divine - you have used my favourite butterfly and a favourite technique of mine! Love it - gorgeous colours too! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Vicki Dutcher said...

Theresa - AWESOME JOB!! Looks fabulous~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!