Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Card

Second Post for today....another Easter Card.
Shown here is an Easter card that I designed using 5 layers of 2 types of white cardstock and a touch of gold. The card base is a textured CS and layered with a mat that is embossed with Cuttlebug EF Leafy Branch and edged with a Pilot Gold marker. Added a white organza ribbon with gold. Cut a scalloped oval and plain oval with Nesties dies. The cross which I cut out is stamped in versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP. Cross has a lovely leaf design . Attached this with pop up dots. Image is an Inkadinkado stamp purchased several years ago at Joann's. This is a re-design of a card that I made for my stamping club.  I like the elegant and simple look and is one that I would send to a man.  I have made a photo showing the inside which I printed on the computer.

Challenges to enter:
Cards for Men:  Make an Easter card.
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Theme is Easter.
Do You Stack Up Challenge: Use Scallops. I think the scallops on the oval add a lot to the design.
Cupcake Craft Challenges:  Use a lot of layers. This is about as many layers as I ever use.

10 comments:

Crafty_Fairie said...

Really stunning it's so refreshing to see a traditional card design thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT.

Kerry

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so elegant. I love the monochromatic white on whites. The little touches of gold is perfect.
Thank you for sharing! :)

WencheP said...

Beautiful and very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

WencheP said...

This is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

-Wenche

Delphine said...

Beautiful card, Theresa, very elegant! I love the touches of gold and the CAS layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Olga said...

This is so elegant! I love the white with a touch of the gold!!!! Absolutely beautiful!

Janna Werner said...

Hi Theresa! Wonderful project for our scallops challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week! Janna

The Other Patti Sue said...

Stunning.... So gorgeous!

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Alison said...

I love the simple elegance of this card. Thanks for joining our Easter challenge at Cards for Men.
Hugs, Alison x