Friday, April 22, 2011

Born to Be Wild Collage

I have never made a collage card but when Colleen at Speedy the Cat's Challenge asked that we make one, I was up for the challenge. I decided that I wanted to use some of the great wild animal stamps from Mark's Finest Papers that are so fun and when I found the perfect pattern paper in my stash, this card came together very quickly. I stamped the sentiment in the center as a focus in the darkest ink to make it stand out. I then stamped 4 additional images-elephant, giraffes, tiger eyes, tree- directly on my PP. I then added a giraffe print ribbon making a ruffle on the side. I stamped another sentiment on watercolor paper and tore it out and popped it up with dimensionals.  My finishing touches were the pearls colored with green Copics for the tiger eyes and a giraffe charm sewn on with twine.

Challenge Link:
Speedy the Cat's Challenge: Make Collage Card

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's African Veldt and Big Cats
Ink: Versamagic Chalks Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Spice, Jumbo Java, Copics G99
Papers: GKD Pumpkin Spice CS, Pattern Paper from Stash, Watercolor Paper
Ribbon and Charm: Mark's  Finest Papers
Pearls

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

8 comments:

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow such a creative creation dear.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a total WOW card! What an amazing collage! Done to perfection! You rock GF!

Corina said...

This is really eye catching and lovely

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous job with this challenge - I adore the eyes overlooking the "jungle"" feel! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Christine from FL said...

Very cool card!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

ditto on the eyes! how cool is that! this is an awesome card - you nailed this challenge my friend!
have a wonderful blessed Easter (-:

Olga said...

looks like you aced it!!! Have a Blessed Easter!

Susan Raihala said...

Fabulous card! The dp works so perfectly with the stamps...great job! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends.