Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another Card in Navy, White, and Yellow

 I created this card using a new Geo-Die that I bought last weekend at
Cottage Stampers. I did a double cut with die on  navy CS backed with white and then folded the cut edges and  layered it on a circle of Wild Dandelion CS.  Layered this on Arglye embossed  white CS mat. Attached a butterfly that I stamped with navy ink on yellow CS and cut out...added some highlight with  embossing marker.  Added to card base of the yellow with ribbons, punched butterfly, and some dots(buttons)  stamped and punched with a hole punch. I used colors from Stamp TV challenge and a sketch from Critter Sketch Challenge but I had date wrong for the sketch challenge...it ended last week but this card fits their challenge for this week...so nothing wasted.
Challenge Links:
STVCSP20: Shown to right
Critter Sketch Challenge: Use 2 or more punches/dies on your card.
         I used geo die, butterfly punch, and 1/4 " hole punch.
Flutter By Wednesdays: Open challenge
Cute Card Thursday: Make card with no text.
Simon Says: Emboss it!

Supplies:
Stamp: GKD "Take Flight"
Ink: Memento Paris Dusk
Embossing Marker:  Marvy Wet Looks 
Papers: GKD Wild Dandelion, White CS, Navy CS from Stash
Geo Die GD8
Punches: Martha Stewart Butterfly, HEK Success Hole Punch
Ribbon from Stash
Cuttlebug EF Argyle

I am not sure if I really like this card. I think it is a bit too much ...may redo with a different element rather than the stamped butterfly...maybe a simple circle with a textfor the center of the geo die. But for now I will use for these challenges .
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your being way to hard on yourself... this is gorgeous! Lovin that die, you really made it sing!

Olga said...

This is increidble!!!! Beautiful, gorgeous, breath taking!!!!! Get the picture...........I have several of these dies and forgot I even had them until now, thanks for the reminder......

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the colours and that die is amazing!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Rica said...

Fabulous card Theresa, stunning colourway and such a beautiful butterfly - I love how the double cutting and folding back of the die shape - I only tried this once and failed miserably!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
love
Heather xx