Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sit Back and Enjoy the Beach


Critter Sketch has a challenge to make a card using the photo on the right for inspiration. I remembered this "Just for Fun" stamp that I won last year and thought it would be perfect for this challenge.....I cannot be more inspired that to stamp a beach scene at sunset after 6 weeks on an island.
I kind of experimented with this card using sponging and masking to get the look I wanted.  After stamping the image on white, I colored the trees and plants with Copics. I sponged colors on the sky, beach and ocean masking areas as I went. I then masked everything but the sun and sponged and colored until I got the effect shown. I sponged more color in the sky and clouds after I uncovered the sun. Thought the clouds and sky should reflect colors of the sunset. Trimmed the image and matted it on orange and attached to blue card base. Stamped sentiment from MFP's.

Challenges:
Critter Sketch: Use photo as inspiration
Timeless Tuesday Flourishes: Use masking....usually use Flourishes stamp for their challenges but this was fun to do masking.
Paper Cutz:  Make a card using any color or theme.

Supplies:
Stamps: Just For Fun "Sunset with Palms", Mark's Finest Papers "Let the Sunshine In"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Summer Sky, Desert Sand, Cantaloupe, Tangelo
       Copics G21,28,YG67, E31,25,47,59
Pencils: Orange and Browns
Papers: GKD PL White , SU Orange, Blue from Stash



What a fun time to be at the beach!
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

11 comments:

Makiko Jones said...

I have the same stamp and I love what you did with it!! Beautiful coloring and sponging! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You totally stepped up to this challenge... Wowzers it's amazing!

Melanie said...

WOW girl, overly amazing!! GEORGOUS!! Thank you for playing in the Critter challenge.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh this is so PRETTY!!~

Olga said...

wouldn't it be nice to sit on the beach all day and just relax and listen to the waves! Your card is relaxing just to look at, fantastic!!!

MiamiKel said...

Wow, this is superbly beautiful! What amazing coloring, outstanding job to the photo inspiration! I have that in my backyard and it's good for the soul to stare into that blueness for a good while :) Well done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy smokes Theresa...your card is FABULOUS!!! Love your masking and what can I say...I wish I'd be laying under one of those palm trees!
Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

marsha said...

Beautiful card Theresa! Your sponging looks fabulous and what a gorgeous scene, I'd love to be there right now! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Critter Sketch Challenge and we hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
CSCB-DT

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful sunset! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Michele said...

beautiful card! I love how you set the scene up. makes me want to go to the beach at sunset. thanks for playing the critter challenge!

Colleen said...

So pretty - makes me want to go to the beach! Thanks for joining us at Critter Challenges!