Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fluttering Thoughts of You

Good Morning! This is my card for this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens.....love her challenges.  My DH says I took artistic license with this card as he says there are no butterflies this color, but he really liked this card even tho it has frills and lace.
The challenge was to use the colors peach and blue (teal), use some butterflies, and add something frillie.
I found this patterned paper in my stash and it gave me the start for peach and teal. I colored a paper doily with Copics and cut out the center and layered over a circle of light peach CS from scraps. I stamped the sentiment...I was able to curve it because it was a flexible clear stamp. I stamped the butterflies on a scrap of peach patterned paper and cut out and shaped. Assembled the card on a base of light peach CS, mat of the pattern paper, the doily, added a border of lace atop a strip of the pattern, and finally arranged the butterflies.

Other challenges:
Flutter By Wednesday's: Open

Supplies:
Papers all from stash and scraps. Patterns are K&CO?
Ink: SU Taken with Teal and Copics
Stamps: MFP - "Thankful Mums and Pumpkin" set
             Layers of Colors - "Flutterescent"
Nesties: Circle Die
Lace: Really Reasonable Ribbon

Sometimes it is fun to take artistic license!
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love it! Your doily is beautiful as is the whole card :0)

Olga said...

WOW, this is absolutely beautiful!!!!! I love the butterflies!

Selma said...

Theresa this is beautiful. I love the doily and the butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us again this week in the Joan's Gardens Challenge.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It's just lovely, Theresa!

Anna said...

Tell your husband that's the joy of making cards, we can color our world our way! LOL! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wed.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh my this is GORGEOUS, nice your Hubby takes a interest in your card making. My Hubby is my biggest cheerleader!!

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful! Love how you made your butterflies 3-D on your card. Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

have missed poppin in!
this one is a beauty and there has to be butterflies somewhere this color LOL
doesnt make any difference - gorgeous card!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! This is stunning!! Love this!!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty! lovely card!