Monday, March 21, 2011

Card for Joan and Others


I love the challenges at Joan's Gardens. This week Joan wants us to use the colors pink and green, create a thank you card, use some kind of stripes and something scalloped.  My card just evolved as I use the required elements.
I started by stamping a striped frame design on light pink card stock with green ink and cut out with Labels 4 die. I colored in some of the design with pink Copics. I stamped a Thank You verse on the center. I matted this on green CS that I cut with a larger Labels 4 die. I used another shade of green for the card base which I layered with a deep pink CS and Rose Pattern Paper ( found in some digi paper that I had printed)  that I embossed and punched  with a scalloped design on the bottom edge.  Added some pink roses for dimension.  And that's how I made my card.

Challenges:
Joan's Gardens: Details above
Craft Your Passion: Show your appreciation.
Scrap Creations:  Anything Goes
Let's Ink It Up:  Use die cuts and punches.
Sentimental Sunday:  The sentiment should be the main focus.
Wild Orchid Challenge: Dieing to punch it out.
Creatalicious Challenge: Make card with two tones/colors. Used greens and pinks including DP.

Supplies:
Papers: Bazzill Solid Textured CS of Greens and Pinks, Inger Harding Design Digital Paper "Sweet Roses"
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves and Copics R81 & R85
Stamps: From GKD Sets - "Inside and Out" and "Lovely Labels"
Roses from stash
Punch: Fiskars Scallop Border Punch
Nesties Labels 4
Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

14 comments:

Olga said...

So Springy and gorgeous, I swear in yor profile picture you look or remind me of my Aunt Ruth, it's amazing!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a wonderful surprise when your blog came up... spring is jumpin right off my screen! Love,love,love your new profile picture... so pretty! You card is a stunner too, gorgeous GF!

Suzanne Brookfield said...

This is a lovely card, the colours you have used compliment it perfectly. Thanks for playing along at LIIU. Suzanne B

Patti P. said...

Theresa, love the flowers...so pretty with your new blog bg. I also am in love with that pretty dp you used in your card. Great card and wonderful label stamp. This has been a fun challenge this week at Joan's. Tfs.

redwasher1 said...

Wow!! New you, new card and new decorated blog!!! Beautiful on all three!!!

Claire said...

Beautiful card, so pretty and delicate! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Nancy said...

Very pretty!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love the spring colors.

Thank you for joining our “Let’s Get Sentimental” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Janne said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at the creatalicious challenges♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

Sharon Peele said...

Beautiful work on the die cut and punch!!! Thanks so much for entering LIIU challenge and good luck!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

A lovely sophisticated card.

Marie

Ann English said...

Simply beautiful. Love thee colors!
Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

craftykitten said...

Gorgeous card - love green and pink together. Thanks for joining in our Die Cuts/Punches challenge at LIIU this time.
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tanya S said...

Beautiful card!!Love the flower touch!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passions!
Hugs Tanya