Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tag, You Are It!

I don't make many tags but my DH bought a shirt that had the best hang tag on the button of the shirt and of course I took it to recycle. It was what I used to make the tag pictured. The brown tag is as thick as chip board or grunge board and is beautifully embossed ( hope you can see it) and had a great ribbon that I left attached.  I had this flower leftover from another project that I had already stamped, colored with Copics ,and cut out.  It was the perfect size to cover the printed name of the manufactureron the tag. Added some glitter (which does not show) with Atyou Spica Gold pen.  Stamped birthday sentiment and cut out with a die and threaded the ribbon through that. Finished with some Latte Pearls.

Challenges:
Joan's Garden Tag Challenge: Anything goes.
Simon Says Challenge: Anything but a card.

Other Supplies:
Heartfelt Creations Stamps Posy Patch
Mark's Finest Papers Birthday Sentiment from Happy Pansies
Ink Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics on flowers
Spellbinders Label 4

This was an easy tag since the shirt's tag was the perfect size and shape and already embossed.
I will have to check all my husband's clothing purchases  fromnow on for items to recycle.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great recycle job GF! That tag is amazing... love how your decorated it!

Colleen said...

Theresa,
Wonderful idea! Love the colors.

GLENDA BROOKS said...

I would have never thought to do this! How original and a great recycle idea!

Kathy said...

Teresa, This tag is so pretty, loved how you re-purposed it. The flowers make me thing spring all day. I am so happy you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

debby4000 said...

Your tag is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this tag!!!

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous tag :-) I love the flowers and the tassle ,,, beautiful :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Selma said...

What a great idea. No one would know you recycled it. It is beautiful. Thank you Theresa for joining us again in the Tag Challenge at Joan's Gardens.