Friday, February 25, 2011

More Cards from Florida

This is my second post today.  Since I have been spending so much time at the beach, I was inspired to make this card with a photo of a beach scene and also used sand on the card for texture.  I printed this photo on card stock.  I spread  glue and adhered sand from the beach on a section of the picture.  The glue applicator actually made ridges which makes the sand look as if it had just been raked. I used a Sakura glitter pen to highlight the clouds and waves which I hope is visible to you. May show if you click on photo to enlarge. Used Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dot to emboss a glossy white mat and layered on a Bazzill Cocoa mat and then attached all to a white base card. Distressed the edges of the mats for even more texture. Photo of card sort of distorted look of card edges. Did not use a sentiment. Will stamp one when I use card.

Challenges:
Wee Memories Challenge: Theme is "source of inspiration".  My source as you see is nature - a scene at the beach.
AllSorts Challenge: Theme is "Inspired by Nature".

The beach scene is better than a snow scene  which is what it is a home.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

5 comments:

Christine from FL said...

What a neat card! I love Sanibel/Captiva, it is so peaceful and beautiful there. After seeing the pictures you took, we may have to make a trip for the weekend since we only live about 2 hours away.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Ya know it's just so sweet for you to take time out from the beach and share your beautiful creations with us... makes me totally jealous! This is one beautiful creation GF!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this! got to travel to the OBX while on vacation - so glad you are having a beautiful time (-:
love the actual sand on this card!

redwasher1 said...

Beau ti fullllllllll! Glad you having a great time.

Auntie Em said...

What a great way to share your sunny beach experiences.
Thanks for sharing! :)