Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crochet Flowers by My Friend,Rita

I missed Joan's Garden Challenge last week but wanted to enter a card this week. I am very pleased with this birthday card.  Had some collaboration with my friend and neighbor, Rita, who crocheted these flowers on my card and I colored them with copics to match the card. These challenges called for self made or handmade flowers. These flowers are handmade but just not by my hands or myself. Is that bending the rules a bit? You know, I do not want to take credit for something I did not do but they were perfect for my card.

Challenges:
Joan's Garden: 1. Use Coral/pink and Green for your colors 2. A Birthday Sentiment 3. Vintage Paper  4. Handmade or Punch flower.
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge: Use self made flower

Details:
Stamp: Mark's Finest Papers-Sentiment from "Happy Pansies" stamp set-love this stamp.
Ink: MementoTuxedo Black
Papers: Bazzill Freen textured CS, GKd White CS, Webster Pages "Santa and Sweet Season" that I won from Joan's Gardens- love this paper..have to have more. Thanks, Joan.
Flowers:Crocheted by Rita and colored with Copics R81.Thank you,Rita.
Twine: From a tag on a jacket purchased by DH in Sanibel-most expensive embellishment that I have ever used. LOL.

Sending a prayer for Joan's mother who is very ill and hoping that she finds some comfort from the love around her.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

8 comments:

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! Perfect flowers and gorgeous card!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab crocheted flowers...cool design....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Olga said...

WOW! Theresa this is a traffic stopper! Jaw dropper and down right gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Yeppers those flowers are everything Olga said... I can see her standing with her jaw on the ground in the middle of traffic LOL! Beautiful card my friend!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely beautiful! The crocheted flowers are just something to stop and stare, as is the design of your paper - love, love this!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Love these colors! Thank you for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome! Love this paper where it's done for you! Pretty crocheted flowers~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Perfect flowers for this card! Just lovely!