Friday, February 11, 2011

Card for Timeless Tuesday

 This card was made for the challenge at Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes:  to use buttons on our cards.
I used a sketch from Card Patterns #101 to compose my card. The image was one I had premade and colored. Stamp is from Flourishes "Year of Flowers" that I stamped with Memento ink, colored with copics, and cut with Spellbinders Die. Used orange/rust CS as card base and matted with green CS embossed with Cuttlebug EF Victoria. Added ribbon and buttons and a pearl for bling. Allitems were from stash and do not know sources.

I have a limited supply of items with me in Florida to use for cards. I did not bring any buttons with me but found a good source in our closet. You know those extra buttons attached to a shirt's placket or on the hem...and you hardly ever need them.? I just cut some of those from my DH's shirts for use here....ssssh...don't tell him....he'll never know. (Until he reads this post.)

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday as above
Card Patterns Sketch 101 shown to right
Tuesday Throwdown: Use Buttons
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOL...love your resourcefulness:) Another gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your very resourceful,getting those buttons was a great idea! Super awesome card GF!

Betty Benton said...

Very pretty -- I have that ribbon in almost every color except for orange!!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful coloring!!!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

The embossed background looks fabulous! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns!

Davi said...

Love the embossing, color and lovely image! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.