Friday, February 11, 2011

Button Up Your Cards in Orange

Added note-Edited this photo by turning to be horizontal.
OOPS!!  I actually photographed  this card the wrong way. The top view shows it as the horizontal design as  I  intended  it to be,  but for some reason I turned it to be vertical when I made the picture as in the lower (firstshown) photo.  Surprised that someone had not commented that the daylilies were sideways in the original post. Guess I got confused because I used a sketch that was vertical.

I liked this sketch #101 from Card Patterns so much that I used it again for this card.  The image was one I had prestamped and colored. Stamp of day lilies is from Flourishes "Year of Flowers" that I stamped with Memento ink, colored with copics, and cut with Spellbinders Die. This is very similar to another card that I just posted.  Used orange CS for the base and another orange for the mat that I embossed  with Cuttlebug  EF Victoria. Added 2 ribbons from stash layered together and bling of buttons and pearls.

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday Challenge: Use buttons.
Card Patterns Sketch 101 shown below Alphabet Challenge: O is for Orange.




 Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

10 comments:

Sue W said...

What a beautiful image Theresa and perfect for this challenge....Good Luck

~amy~ said...

So very pretty...love that orange and the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card Theresa! I'm lovin' orange lately! Thanks for sharing - good luck with the challenge!

Betty Benton said...

Your embossing looks super with your gorgeous flowers!

Olga said...

How gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty! Love the embossing folder you used!

Patti P. said...

Tiger lilies are one of my favs...had them at home as a child and they bring back wonderful memories. Love your embossed bg....tfs.

Payne Holler Cards said...

beautiful! love the embossing folder and your colors (-:

Makiko Jones said...

Ohhhh this is super gorgeous!! I love the orange monochromatic and your beautiful coloring. The buttons are such a wonderful touch. Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Wow, look at you, 2 cards for 1 sketch. Fabby!
Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns!