Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Valerie's Gift" Surprise Blog Hop for Colleen


Welcome to my studio!  I am so happy to be a part of this hop in honor of Colleen's daughter, Valerie, who she lost in a one car black ice accident about ten years ago at the age of nineteen.  Fourteen of Colleen's blogging friends including myself  have joined together to make cards with the lovely stamp "Valerie's Gift", a very special stamp from Whimsy Stamps named after Valerie.

The stamp company chose to name this stamp that was released last year to honor Colleen's daughter and called it "Valerie's Gift" as they knew how much Valerie was a gift to her.

I chose the verse for my card because Valerie was such a blessing to Colleen, even though she was here on earth for only a short time. It was so much joy to make this card.  Colleen, I hope it will make you smile as well as everyone else who drops by.
 My card:
Stamp: "Valerie's Gift" from Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment: Digital Sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs
Copics: C1,3,9,BG10,11,72,75,E0000,00,21,30,31,33,R20,81,85,Y23
Atyou Spica Gold Pen, Sakura Glitter Pen, White Stickles
Papers: GKD Good as Gold and White CS, Bazzill Pink Textured CS, Basic Grey Hopscotch
Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots
Spellbinders Label 4 and Ribbon Tag
Flowers and Ribbons from stash
Finished card 6X6"

Challenge to entered:
Basic Grey: Theme is Flower Power- used Basic Grey Hopscotch.
The Pixie Cottage: Theme is flowers
Creatalicious Challenges: Create something that shows ribbon.
Do You Stack Up:  Patterned Paper
PaperPlay Challenges: Layer it up.


Your next stop on the hop is Cheri. The list of the complete hop is listed below.
Mary Anne K.  http://lakesidestamping.blogspot.com/
Patti J.   http://cherisheachpreciousday.blogspot.com/

Shirley  http://www.glitteredpaws.blogspot.com/
Linda P.   http://paynehollercards.blogspot.com/
Dee Marie  http://aninkyimagination.blogspot.com/
Betty B. http://bbstamps.blogspot.com/
Patti Sue N.  http://stampersize.blogspot.com/
Theresa P. http://theresastudio.blogspot.com/
Cheri W.  http://stampnboomer.blogspot.com/
Geri U.  http://geriscards.blogspot.com/
Rebekka R. http://diamondintherough24.blogspot.co
Selma S. http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/
Patti P.  http://papercreationsbypatti.blogspot.com/
Olga J.  http://craftieodamae.blogspot.com/


I feel very honored to be part of this group with such great talent and enjoyed making this card for my cyber friend.  Thanks to Mary Anne and Olga  for inviting me to be part of this special hop for our online friend.  Sending you love and hugs, Colleen.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

28 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card, lovely coloring. Love the ribbon.

Sue W said...

BEautiful, beautiful card Theresa!!! I've been admiring all the girls cards and projects made for Colleen's hop. I really think it's so special to do this for a crafting friend.......Congratulations to you all!

Olga said...

Gorgeous card, you have done Valerie proud!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It surly is the little blessings..... Thanks so much for creating this to surprise Colleen! Valerie's Gift has created a very warm spot in my heart!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Theresa this is just adorable! Love your dp and layout! Your coloring is perfect as usual!

Patti P. said...

Mornin' Theresa, love the dp you used....the LO is so pretty and as always beautiful coloring.

Selma said...

Hi Theresa. Your card is so cute. I really like your layout and love the way you added the ribbon. Beautiful job.

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous colors -- and I love the way you combined the small ribbons to make a large one and such a sweet bow! Valerie is colored beautifully and the small flowers are a perfect touch. Have a wonderful trip!!

Patti J said...

Theresa, you nailed this card! Love the colors that you chose, and the flowers and ribbon are such wonderful touches! What a perfect sentiment! It is so fitting - almost like you had it made just for this occasion! Have a good day, sweetie - it's been so much fun hopping with you!!!

Cheri said...

Theresa, what a gorgeous card! Your layering and coloring are perfectly done and the touch of the sweet roses is a wonderful detail.

Patty said...

Your card is just wonderful as is the reason for the blog hop. What a blessing to see so many reach out and touch the life of a fellow crafter...hugs...the other Patty Sue 2

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, love the pattern paper. Your bow is perfect. I tend to tie my ribbon in a knot.

Laura said...

I have said it before, I LOVE YOUR WORK! You are awesome!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - love the DP you choose to go with this image and the coloring is great. The roses add the finishing touch.

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful Theresa!!! Perfection in every way!!!

Colleen said...

Theresa,
This card is beautiful, I love everything about it! I'm still stunned and speechless. What an honor it is to have a group of loving supportive friends. You gals really amaze me, not only with your talent but your support and friendship. You have helped make what was a very dismal week a joy. Thank you so much.

dee marie said...

Wow! What a card! I love your colors and all you little details!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hello Theresa! Crissy here, the one who drew Valerie's Gift! I have hopped through all the blogs and have come back to leave comments. Let me say first of all, that I have never before done a blog hop with tears streaming down my face. But I sure did today.
What is even more significant that you may not realize, is that I also have a daughter named Valerie. And so I feel there is even more of a connection there.
The fact that I could be a part in touching Colleen in this way has made me feel so emotional, I can't stop crying.
I go about my life, not really thinking about small acts of kindness having so much impact in another person's life. When Denise (of Whimsy Stamps) and I agreed we had to name this stamp after Colleen's daughter, we had no idea of the ripple effect it would have.
There is such a significance to the things we do, whether good or bad. And today I was honoured to see some of that right before my eyes. Thank you for doing this for Colleen, and thank you for honouring and multiplying the small act of kindness from Denise and I. I am really touched that I was able to be a part of it behind the scenes. What a gift you have given not only to Colleen, but to me and Denise as well. Sending hugs to you and your friends.
Crissy Armstrong

Payne Holler Cards said...

so beautiful - love your coloring and that design paper - you have it all !!

WencheP said...

Such a sweet image, love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

princesskitten said...

love those colours - and your image is fab

kitten DYSU team

Janne said...

Hi
Your colouring is so beautiful:)
Thanks for playing along with us at the Creatalicious challenges♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

Miranda said...

very pretty and I love theat DP it's fabulous
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, so sweet.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Alicia said...

Great card! Love all those layers. Thanks for joining in our "Layer it Up" Challenge at Paper Play this week. Alicia xx

Lou said...

Hello! such a gorgeous card,a very pretty image and love the colours/papers.
One very special card!!
thank you so much for joining us at BasicGrey,hugs Lou.xx

Janna said...

Hi Theresa! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome patterned paper card with us at DYSU! Janna