Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year...Almost Time

Almost time to ring in the New Year...2010 has been a good year except for that fall in January when I broke my wrist...bad way to start off, but... the year ended better than it started. It has been a good year carding and blogging...a lot of new friends and old friends have added so much  enjoyment to this past time.
 I have learned a lot and keep trying new things such as the technique in this card. Made the "streamers" using the rubber band technique that I saw on Stamp TV  in one of Gina's great videos. Technique is to  use rubber bands on a brayer but I have no brayer so I improvised with a glass water bottle. I only rolled up and down instead in all directions because I wanted the effect of streamers falling down.  Added some party hats for fun stamped with GKD "Candles on Your Cake" by Melanie. Text stamped with Fiskars Basic Font Stamps. Inks are SU and Momento Markers and Papers from stash. Used Atyou Spica Gold and Sakura glitter pen on letters but does not show in photo.
Challenges:
Stamp TV: Countdown Challenge to use rubber band background
Scrap-Creations: Ring in the New Year
Simon Says Stamp Challenge:  Time to Party/Celebrate
For Fun Challenges: Theme is New Year.

What are your plans for New Year's Eve? I plan to spend a quiet night ringing in the New Year with my DH.
Happy New Year!
Theresa

8 comments:

Patti said...

I'm with you for New Year's Eve.... home is the best place to be! Stamping and playing I think! Your card is so festive, totally screams Happy New Year!

Helen Dooley said...

I love this. I like all the streamers- that is such a good idea!! Thanks so much for sharing with us a t FOr Fun. hope to see you in 2011
HUGS~

Lorraine A said...

a very fun, festive card :-) perfect for the New Year :-)

wishing you a Happy New Year and thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Pauline said...

Love your festive card! And that background is super.... thanks for joining us at For Fun!

Olga said...

Happy New Year, better say it now cause I go to bed early, LOL, like 9-9:30AM. the new year will come in whether I'm up or not, so might as well sleep LOL Love your card!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges it is always nice to see your cards. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Peggy said...

This is such a festive card! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the primary colors and the background that looks like streamers! Very cool :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah