Saturday, November 27, 2010

Slider Birthday Card for Nephew


Card front when folded

Back of card

Card opened showing bear as he slides to the bottom of the escalator

My great nephew celebrates his third birthday on November 30th.  One of his favorite things to do is to ride escalators ...he loves to go to the stores and just ride up and down.  So I thought what a fun card if I could make an escalator card with some movement. I came up with this slider card that has a little bear carrying birthday balloons and he moves up and down the escalator with a pull of the ribbon. Wished I had made a photo of the bear at the top of the card but I have 3 photos to show the finished card.

Challenges:
Just Cute Bears Challenges: Winter birthday...this is for a winter birthday but does not have any winter elements?


Digi Image: Cuthbert Bear from Pollycraft ...printed copy in reverse and edited to be the back of bear.
Escalator printed from image on internet...also did a reverse copy so that I had a front and back. Attached front and back together leaving opening for slider. Made slit along rail for my slider to go in.
Copics used on bear image and added Glossy Accents to balloon.
Text printed on computer.

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

5 comments:

Kat said...

What a great card for a little boy. I'm sure he'll love it. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends.

Kat x

Patti said...

You are a creative genius GF! This is adorable!

My name is Wynneth said...

How clever! and cute with it! Thanks for joining us on JCB & Friends.
hugs
wynneth
x

Annie said...

such a cute and clever birthday card! thanks for joining our Just Cute Bears and Friends winter birthday challenge.
hugs, annie x

Helen said...

What a great idea - love it!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears & Friends!
Helen x