Friday, November 19, 2010

Mother's Christmas Cards

 I designed this card as the prototype for my Mother's Christmas card that she will mail to family and friends. I will make a box of about 30 of these cards and include mailing labels and stamps so she can sign and  drop in the mail.  Since she is still quilting at age 90, I thought this would be an appropriate design done in red and green. I stamped the quilt and paper pieced with a pattern and colored in the pinwheel design.   Finished the design with red rhinestones and ribbon. The 30 that I make for mailing will not have that detail....using computer printed sentiment on cards. The inside text is shown on the right.

Yes I did find some challenges to enter:
Stamp TV Color Challenge: Red, Green, White....used some brown since Gina's card showed some.
Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays: Get it done - Christmas Cards
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge: Christmas Theme with Ribbon
ABC Christmas Challenge: X for Xmas
The ABC Challenge: H for Holidays

Stamps: GKD "Nana's Needlework" by Nina
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics: EE55, 25 for Quilt Rack
Memento Markers Lady Bug and Bamboo leaves
Papers: Basic Grey Jovial, GKD CS, Green CS from stash
            Inside printed on White Parchment Paper
Spellbinders Fancy Tags

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

7 comments:

Patti said...

Your Mom will love these. What a great design... wanna do my Christmas cards?LOL!

Donna said...

Gorgeous quilt design. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at ABC this time.
Donna x

Jinny Newlin said...

Hey, Theresa! Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! This card just stopped me in my tracks! It makes me want to snuggle up, by the fire, with a toasty, pumpkin spice latte! Mmmmm! So beautiful!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great Christmas card! I'm a quilter too and I love your card. I'm sure your Mom will be very pleased with this design. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Dot said...

Lovely christmas card, the coulors are great. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Hugs, Dorte

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, this is so beautiful!!! What a sweet traditional image!!! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC!!! Hugs ~S~

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the quilted effect ,, am sure your mum and her recipients will love these :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x