Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hanukkah Card

Hanukkah begins at sundown on December 1 which will soon be here. Need to get my cards ready to mail. I cased this card from from one that we received last year that was made by my friend, Rita. In fact, I borrowed the Studio G stamp, Ranger embossing powder, and Cuttlebug folder from her.  I changed it a bit. Mostly I did not cut out the Menorah like she did. I stamped the Menorah with SU Ballet Blue ink on white CS, used a Versamark pen to ink the areas to emboss,  and then embossed with Ranger Embossing Pearls in silver. Love this EP. Colored candle flames with markers.  Click on photo to see better. I cut the image with Nesties Oval and matted on navy CS cut with Nesties Scallop Oval.  I placed this on a white mat embossed with the Cuttlebug folder and edged with silver using a Pilot Marker. Attached this to a card base of Navy. Did not make for any particular challenge but found one to enter.

 Challenge: Simon Says Stamp Challenge-use heat embossing for sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

1 comment:

Patti said...

Wow... love the CAS feel to this, perfection!